Really curious to see the rotation with Hopkins as the coach | Syracusefan.com

Really curious to see the rotation with Hopkins as the coach

HyattsCuse

Scout Team
I was really looking forward to Saturday since I'll be at the game, but I've also, in a way, been looking forward to seeing the future with Hopkins as the head coach. Will he stick to a similar rotation as Boeheim or give guys a longer leash? Do we see Howard or Chino even for a few minutes? I'm in the camp that you got to let the players work through some mistakes especially at the beginning of the year.

I'll be shocked if we see anything other than slight adjustments. He's not going to undermine JB's philosophy just because he's suspended. I'd pay more attention to how the kids respond to his demeanor and leadership... and how Hop handles players in timeouts, etc.

I'll be shocked if we see anything other than slight adjustments. He's not going to undermine JB's philosophy just because he's suspended. I'd pay more attention to how the kids respond to his demeanor and leadership... and how Hop handles players in timeouts, etc.
I don't think we will see Hop light players up. He is still an ass't.

I was really looking forward to Saturday since I'll be at the game, but I've also, in a way, been looking forward to seeing the future with Hopkins as the head coach. Will he stick to a similar rotation as Boeheim or give guys a longer leash? Do we see Howard or Chino even for a few minutes? I'm in the camp that you got to let the players work through some mistakes especially at the beginning of the year.

Rotation will be expanded, IMO. I don't think he'll coach the same as JB in terms of how he utilizes players.

But obviously, he'll sustitute much more liberally in the games after Georgetown. After that, we have five "creampuffs" left prior to the start of conference play.

Last edited:
I don't think we will see Hop light players up. He is still an ass't.
I don't think it's his personality to do that. I can only judge by the amiable person I've met a few times of course. I'm sure some of the things the players do drive him nuts but how he expresses it - I suspect he uses more humor than JB. Just a guess.

will he use JB's patented signal for the pick n roll plays?

Jim-Boeheim-nose-pick.jpg

I actually hope he makes some minor "tweaks", but generally follow what the boss has been doing. I would be disappointed if there were no differences whatsoever. However, the first game against a good team may not be the proper barometer.

i'd expect a rather tall presence in the middle with a wide perimeter defense protecting and surrounding...

urban-sombrero.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom