Personnel changes on the OL | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Personnel changes on the OL

I think that is coming. I suspect we will see play action out of the sets that have been heavy run, especially some of the stuff we put on tape vs HC. Personnel groupings have also been a signal on running plays.
A big one lol

Reactions: 007
I think we are losing site of one of the things Fran has said. Kyle is running RPO much more than we are calling run or pass

the play from the grouping has more to do with what the D is doing than what the play is calling for.

I have a feeling often from the bunch set we have the match in the box they want to make the play be a run and if you watch plays many should work but execution is poor.

This is much more than we run when we bunch things.

much like why last week become pass heavy Kyle saw pass first plays.

The “Addazzio” though will never happen with HCFB.. Just my humble opinion but unless he knows him personally i don't think that will ever happen
There is a relationship. Addazio first hired Fran to the Temple staff in 2012. Addazio was also with Erob at Texas A&M the last couple of years so lots of familiarity with staff. I assumed Addazio was a shoe in (contract wasn’t renewed at A&M) if both parties wanted it. Just not sure which party

There is a relationship. Addazio first hired Fran to the Temple staff in 2012. Addazio was also with Erob at Texas A&M the last couple of years so lots of familiarity with staff. I assumed Addazio was a shoe in (contract wasn’t renewed at A&M) if both parties wanted it. Just not sure which party
Would be a great question for the call in show. Or maybe a private email if it’s a sensitive topic.

Honestly I could care less if they run at all now. It barely functions and 3rd and longs without a sack we still have a shot. I want 3 chances to throw.

its not like teams honor the play action any more anyway.
Syracuse does, theyve been burned by it multiple times

Highest attempts per game in the country, it’s gonna happen

Sack rate is 41st according to one stat place, and the sack rate is half of what it was last year.
Also havent played a pass defense outside the bottom 30% of the country... that helps quite a bit.

When the tackles get beat 1x1 on the outside by speed rushers thats bad footwork or skill issue. But that comes with practice and we have seen we only seem to have 1 speed rusher on the roster to practice with.

When we get beat inside its often on stunts and many times its just bad handling of the stunt. We hand off guys and no one slides to take the handoff. You watch good teams do it and they get that extra push to move the D to the guy they are handing off to and we seldom do that.

On running plays we often just get beat, It cant be possible that every teams DT are just stronger than our oline is it?
I see us just not pushing hsrd enough or we dont wanna before too far out on RPO but who caresin mymind if we block a guy downfield too far lol. ourline doesnt have that knock your d in the dirt mentality. we badly needit to win coming up games.

When the tackles get beat 1x1 on the outside by speed rushers thats bad footwork or skill issue. But that comes with practice and we have seen we only seem to have 1 speed rusher on the roster to practice with.

When we get beat inside its often on stunts and many times its just bad handling of the stunt. We hand off guys and no one slides to take the handoff. You watch good teams do it and they get that extra push to move the D to the guy they are handing off to and we seldom do that.

On running plays we often just get beat, It cant be possible that every teams DT are just stronger than our oline is it?
Two good points here. Your first point is correct about bad footwork. On obvious passing plays, the tackles’ hand is not in the dirt, and he’s already mostly standing up and angled toward the wide set speed rusher. The tackle needs to look and see if there is contain from an OLB behind the defensive end. if there is none, he should not have to worry about the DE dipping inside him because the quarterback can escape to a clean rollout. That allows the tackle to focus almost exclusively on not getting beat by a guy rushing right by him. All it requires is a step toward the DE and long arms. (It’s kind of like a soccer goalie coming out toward a breakaway player to cut down the angle.)

with your third question, I don’t think it’s strength. I think it’s explosiveness, athleticism, and nastiness. Not to be too critical of Bradford but in the play I described the other post, a nasty guy who weighs 310 does not pass up an opportunity to light up a 220 pound linebacker, Who is right in his wheelhouse.

However, with holy Cross, the guy that blew up Petry a few times I believe was number 98. That guy was legit and if he’s an underclassmen could definitely play FCS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom