Really Glad We Played This Game | Syracusefan.com

Really Glad We Played This Game

Orangemen

All Conference
Would have been nice to get UK this year, but I was never disappointed that we ended up scheduled at Arkansas. I think this game was a great learning experience due to a few reasons.

First, we had major foul trouble in the back court, and we handled it without a hitch. Cooney played like a freshman offensively, but the team was able to play through it.

Second, MCW faced an aggressive ball hawking D, and he did pretty good. There has been some question about his handle due to his size. He had a few turnovers, but against this D, anyone would. I feel very comfortable about his, and the teams, ability to face this type of D going forward.

Third, played in a hostile environment, and got the crowd out of it quickly, and were never once flustered by the crowd. That's been a hallmark of JB teams, and it's good to see this team is no different.

Fourth, similar to the first point, foul trouble across the team did not cause problems. I doubt we'll have 2 more games this year where we pick up this many fouls. Half the team had 4 fouls in a hostile environment, and the game was never in doubt.

I hope we get some more OOC early season tests like this in the future. It was a fun game to watch, and it was great for the team. Really happy with how it turned out.

17-0, here we come. I'll be even more psyched when we hit 18-0.

Third, played in a hostile environment, and got the crowd out of it quickly, and were never once flustered by the crowd. That's been a hallmark of JB teams, and it's good to see this team is no different.

It is clearly a result of the coaches' placid, never let them see you sweat, composed at all times demeanor....just ask Jimmy Dykes.

jimboeheim.jpg

ept_sports_ncaab_experts-831440755-1290009102.jpg

10496571-large.jpg

caption-jim-boeheimjpg-6d3704ddc885e9ef.jpg

jim-boeheim-syracuse-midwestsportsfan-com.jpeg

I have to agree, I am glad we played this game. Too bad it was a home game for us. It would have been a nice win to get on the road ;).

That crowd seemed pretty amped up. Thats an impressive homecourt advantage they have there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom