Really nice game from Triche | Syracusefan.com

Really nice game from Triche

we really need him to be the primary guy attacking more often and taking the ball out of mcw's hands a bit more- mcw really needs to learn to be better off the ball

Brandon really rising to the occasion today and we are going to need his good play going forward. Michael had a very rough game and it's hard to understand his complete and utter inability to finish at the rim. His inexperience is really showing but I'd be surprised if he doesn't remedy most of his flaws as the season wears on.

To have your key player have such a poor game and still win by double digits is an indicator of a balanced team. Christmas is another player that needs to develop his game when he is right down on the basket. It was pointed out that when he gets the ball right under the basket he transforms the play into a 6 ft. shot. Again, a problem that can be fixed as we move forward.

Also encouraging is the fact that when we got down early and it looked like USF was getting on a roll, the team showed poise, made adjustments and went on a run of their own after which the outcome of the game was never seriously in jeopardy. This team is exactly where they would be expected to be developmentally for the season and they have a very high ceiling. All things considered this was a very good win for this team.

All things considered a very good road win IMO. Triche was great and made big plays when they were needed.

Also encouraging is the fact that when we got down early and it looked like USF was getting on a roll, the team showed poise, made adjustments and went on a run of their own after which the outcome of the game was never seriously in jeopardy. This team is exactly where they would be expected to be developmentally for the season and they have a very high ceiling. All things considered this was a very good win for this team.

Absolutely agree with this.
This team is terrific when it can get out and run. But here was a different style, and the team took a punch, then fought back.

Have to credit Brandon Triche. Did his work at the top of the zone; made big plays when it counted; used his strength inside to finish; used his left hand; showed his confidence and guts. Definitely in a good place with his game right now.

Brandon also smiled some today. A good sign. He can be the silent assassin, if he wants it. I want him to want it!

I think Triche has turned a corner, it started with Rutgers and I saw it today as well. I think he's finally ready to be guy.

I think Triche has turned a corner, it started with Rutgers and I saw it today as well. I think he's finally ready to be guy.

no offense, but there should be a moratorium on these boards with respect to references about SU and "turning the corner"

As the old expression goes, MCW had problems letting the game come to him.
Earlier in the season, he played with a more relaxed flow to his game. Granted that JB has probably told him to use better judgement, but he seems to be playing too cautious and pressing to make the pass that isn't there.

People who don't understand BT's talent and contributions to this team (for the entire four years he's been up on the hill) do not know much about the game of basketball. He's started since his first game in a Cuse uniform and has been a big contributor in 105 wins against 17 losses. With less than a half of this season to go, that works out to an average 30-5 (dividing by 3.5 seasons). He is the glue that holds the Orange together. The guy's an absolute stud on the court.

JB understands BT's worth and talent to our team. The BT haters probably never went beyond shooting hoops in their parents' driveway.

triche played under control today and made some big plays. MCW ...not so much.

Glad to see Triche trying to do more during crunch time and MCW trying to do less. The whole team played better because of that addition and subtraction from the way they played against Temple. If that trend continues, we'll be fine during BE competition.

P.S.: Props to JB for the way he used Baye and Xmas despite their foul trouble so as to keep an effective shot-blocker in the game against USF's trey-or-lob tactics. If both had fouled out, I'm not sure we'd be celebrating the outcome.-VBOF

Great to see Brandon playing with confidence and aggression, i like him more this way, when he brings out and utilizes his strengths.

Couple nice games in a row - very nice to see and hopefully it continues.

His baseline pull-up jumper in the 2nd half was a thing of beauty.

His baseline pull-up jumper in the 2nd half was a thing of beauty.

That and the late drive with the lefty finish were both times we really needed a bucket.

making aggressive plays and nice to see him knock down some FT after his recent struggles.

Mason
He is really understanding what a 2 guard is all about. It's great to see him do well.

Brandon is clearly emerging as the team leader ... and the heart and soul of the team. He is not as demonstrative as Scoop was last year... but he leads by his constant workmanlike performance. I am sorry that so many fans under-rate him. Enjoy him while he is here for another few months. I was actually watching the game with Scoop this afternoon. Scoop could not have been more complimentary of Brandon or higher in his praise of him. So much for some of the conventional wisdom on this board where people said they did not like each other and did not like to play together. .

Brandon is clearly emerging as the team leader ... and the heart and soul of the team. He is not as demonstrative as Scoop was last year... but he leads by his constant workmanlike performance. I am sorry that so many fans under-rate him. Enjoy him while he is here for another few months. I was actually watching the game with Scoop this afternoon. Scoop could not have been more complimentary of Brandon or higher in his praise of him. So much for some of the conventional wisdom on this board.
I'm sure Scoop had some great observations of the game. It's amazing how you think you know the game but then you watch it with someone who is either a high level coach or someone who played at a high level and they see things that you will never see.

BTW, is Scoop going to be suiting up anytime soon? Also, any idea on Donte. I haven't heard a word about him.

again brandon played great today. but when you say 4th year starter emerging as the team leader...should be a done deal.

I'm sure Scoop had some great observations of the game. It's amazing how you think you know the game but then you watch it with someone who is either a high level coach or someone who played at a high level and they see things that you will never see.

BTW, is Scoop going to be suiting up anytime soon? Also, any idea on Donte. I haven't heard a word about him.
Scoop's foot has not totally healed yet. He is working to rehab it, but he really can't properly work out for basketball. He thought he would play in Italy this winter, but he obviously couldn't.

Scoop did a nice job announcing on SNY the other day. Not entirely polished but pretty good for a 23 year old.

Brandon is clearly emerging as the team leader ... and the heart and soul of the team. He is not as demonstrative as Scoop was last year... but he leads by his constant workmanlike performance. I am sorry that so many fans under-rate him. Enjoy him while he is here for another few months. I was actually watching the game with Scoop this afternoon. Scoop could not have been more complimentary of Brandon or higher in his praise of him. So much for some of the conventional wisdom on this board where people said they did not like each other and did not like to play together. .

Great post. Brandon seems almost businesslike in his approach. Lunch-pail kind of guy. Glad to hear that about Scoop and his thoughts on BT.

I've always been a big fan of Brandon. I think his strength got him into trouble when he was a freshman and didn't have the rep a senior or highly ranked recruit gets with the refs. That led to way too many charges being called against him that should have gone the other way (and do now because of the semi-circle in the lane) and a resulting loss of confidence (both from himself and from JB). He had one little play today though that he has done all 4 years on the hill that I loved and is often overlooked. He was crashing the boards against two other USF guys - it was clear he wasn't going to be able to come down with the ball - so he tipped it (again that strength he has is a wonderful thing) to one of our bigs and we cleared the ball. Very heady play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom