Really nice game from Triche | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Really nice game from Triche

again brandon played great today. but when you say 4th year starter emerging as the team leader...should be a done deal.

THIS. The kid has started, what...120 games? I'm glad the light is coming on, but...it was kind of now or never.

Great post. Brandon seems almost businesslike in his approach. Lunch-pail kind of guy. Glad to hear that about Scoop and his thoughts on BT.

I've always been a big fan of Brandon. I think his strength got him into trouble when he was a freshman and didn't have the rep a senior or highly ranked recruit gets with the refs. That led to way too many charges being called against him that should have gone the other way (and do now because of the semi-circle in the lane) and a resulting loss of confidence (both from himself and from JB). He had one little play today though that he has done all 4 years on the hill that I loved and is often overlooked. He was crashing the boards against two other USF guys - it was clear he wasn't going to be able to come down with the ball - so he tipped it (again that strength he has is a wonderful thing) to one of our bigs and we cleared the ball. Very heady play.

Nothing wrong with a very talented lunch pail guy (or two), as these are the players that have been the foundation of JB's sustained excellence. Guys like Triche and Fair are never going to be demonstrative on the court, and much of what they do is unappreciated or goes unnoticed, but they are as important as the flashier talents that have come though here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom