Rebounding. | Syracusefan.com

Rebounding.

Rage4CUSE

2018-19 Iggy Hoops NCAA Tourney Record
I believe Jay Bilas stated earlier that SU is somewhere in the 250 range in rebounding as a team. That may be true, but we sure as hell seem the get all the rebounds when we need them at the end of the game.

I believe Jay Bilas stated earlier that SU is somewhere in the 250 range in rebounding as a team. That may be true, but we sure as hell seem the get all the rebounds when we need them at the end of the game.

Robinson was a rebounding vacuum machine!

Robinson was a rebounding vacuum machine!

Lydon pulling his weight as well. Love the way all three guys go after rebounds. If they can keep it up, it'll definitely foster transition offense like we've been treated to these past few games.

How nice it to have transition offense again!!!!

Between the transition game, our scoring in the paint and our 3 pt shooting. Those are the three biggest differences to this team.

We were outrebounded our first 3 games alot of freshmen out there and guys tipping instead of catching the ball. Guys learning the zone.

But then we outrebounded charlotte by 4
then we outrebounded uconn by 8
A+M then outrebounded us by 8 but they also have one of the top 4-5 toughest frontcourts in the country probably.
Roberson only grabbed 4 rebounds against A+M that will be a rare sight this season.

Dajuan finally got going down in the bahamas that made a HUGE difference.

I wouldn't put to much into that stat yet given all of that.

Last edited:
We were outrebounded our first 3 games alot of freshmen out there and guys tipping instead of catching the ball. Guys learning the zone.

But then we outrebounded charlotte by 4
then we outrebounded uconn by 8
A+M then outrebounded us by 8 but they also have one of the top 4-5 toughest frontcourts in the country probably.
Roberson only grabbed 4 rebounds against A+M that will be a rare sight this season.

Dajuan finally got going down in the bahamas that made a HUGE difference.

I wouldn't put to much into that stat yet given all of that.

They won when they were not supposed to. Count it!

Lydon pulling his weight as well. Love the way all three guys go after rebounds. If they can keep it up, it'll definitely foster transition offense like we've been treated to these past few games.

When Lydon was at the 5, our team rebounding and defense plummeted.

However, he makes our offense much better when he is at the 5 versus Coleman. This also doesnt mean Lydon is not a good player, it just means he is playing out of position and there is a give and take when that happens.

Please be sure to read the bold before calling me an idiot for hating on Lydon.

However, he makes our offense much better when he is at the 5 versus Coleman.

ok I will bite, great point.
Dajuan is better some games defensively then Lydon at the 5 as well. I think as time goes on Dajuan is going to catch up though. He is showing flashes.

ok I will bite, great point.
Dajuan is better some games defensively then Lydon at the 5 as well. I think as time goes on Dajuan is going to catch up though. He is showing flashes.

Bite, but don't swallow!

However, he makes our offense much better when he is at the 5 versus Coleman. This also doesnt mean Lydon is not a good player, it just means he is playing out of position and there is a give and take when that happens.

Ha! No, you're definitely neither an idiot, nor hating on Lydon. It's fair game to point out deficiencies in Lydon's defense, and I think you have a valid point that we suffer in some ways when we play him at the 5 instead of Coleman, though we gain in some ways too. As you say, mainly an O vs. D tradeoff.

Although I was basing my comment about Lydon's rebounding numbers on his per-minute rates, which are on par with Coleman's, I'm a little surprised to hear you say our team rebounding numbers suffer when Lydon's in the game. Where have you see that stat?

Although I was basing my comment about Lydon's rebounding numbers on his per-minute rates, which are on par with Coleman's, I'm a little surprised to hear you say our team rebounding numbers suffer when Lydon's in the game. Where have you see that stat?

unscientific eye test on when Tex AM got the majority of their offensive rebounds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom