Rece davis hot take | Syracusefan.com

Rece davis hot take

The only part about the take that is hot is that he called out Syracuse when there are plenty of other low scoring (poor offensive) teams this year. Every day I see scores in the 50s and 60s. I even made a comment the other day about 4 out of ten games in which neither team broke 30 at the half. He's not much of a comedian but he's got douchey down pretty well.

The only part about the take that is hot is that he called out Syracuse when there are plenty of other low scoring (poor offensive) teams this year. Every day I see scores in the 50s and 60s. I even made a comment the other day about 4 out of ten games in which neither team broke 30 at the half. He's not much of a comedian but he's got douchey down pretty well.

Well, we are basically irrelevant this year, so some publicity is better than no publicity. ;)

We are the 8th worse P5 team in efficiency.
We are the 4th slowest team in P5 in terms of tempo.

We are playing the slowest tempo D in the NCAA
We are playing the most efficient defence in the history of KenPom.

It seems fair to pick on our potential score today.

Last edited:

Add it all up, and we are one of the handful of lowest scoring teams in the P5.
hector-ringing-bell.gif

Such a statement is just not professional from someone of his stature, regardless of the team being referenced. I don't care for it at all :(

Watch for super-defensive Boeheim in the presser, win or lose, once word of this gets to him. This is one facet of his personality that he shares with our CoC.

We are playing the slowest tempo D in the NCAA
We are playing the most efficient defence in the history of KenPom.

It seems fair to pick on our potential score today.
Yeh, I get all that. That's why I'm assuming he was knocking us rather than lauding our defense and our ability to dictate tempo. Easy pickings.

He's crazy. I would say he outscores us for a half - that likely happens most games with our high-powered stand around and drive into each other offense, but for an entire game? No chance.

Yeh, I get all that. That's why I'm assuming he was knocking us rather than lauding our defense and our ability to dictate tempo. Easy pickings.

Our offensive tempo and "ability" should not be said together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom