Recent movie releases graded | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Recent movie releases graded

I’m thinking of streaming Tenet .. waste of time or no ?

I’m thinking of streaming Tenet .. waste of time or no ?
It's an interesting and entertaining movie.

You will be confused. It's not intended to make sense. How comfortable with that are you?

I mean I’ll be the first to say i read the Mitch Rapp books and American Assisan was a let down, and assuming if you don’t read the book you’ll like the movie so it’s expected I guess.
I am the opposite, I thought the movie captured the essence of the 2 main chars really well from the book to spin the series into a movie. They rushed it a bit. But then the movie is really like book 15 in the series not book 1.,

But then I also liked the Jack reacher with Cruise. he had the char nailed.. I got over the fact that his body type didnt match pretty easily because he got the other parts of Reacher right.

You will be confused. It's not intended to make sense. How comfortable with that are you?
Yup.. tenet was a hard watch.. Kept wanting to understand it and have it flow, but it never really did.. I ended up feeling like I came out of a hard Physics tests..

Yup.. tenet was a hard watch.. Kept wanting to understand it and have it flow, but it never really did.. I ended up feeling like I came out of a hard Physics tests..
Yup. A third if the way through I realized I didn't understand anything and wasn't going to, so I just enjoyed the ride.

I know some folks can't do that though.

I am the opposite, I thought the movie captured the essence of the 2 main chars really well from the book to spin the series into a movie. They rushed it a bit. But then the movie is really like book 15 in the series not book 1.,

But then I also liked the Jack reacher with Cruise. he had the char nailed.. I got over the fact that his body type didnt match pretty easily because he got the other parts of Reacher right.
Really...I thought the book was a ton better and I usually like movie features better over books. And I was never into Dylan O’Brien as Rapp. Loved Keaton as Hurley, and also Lathan as Kennedy never got into that.
The entire fight scene in the book at the “farm” with victor was better than the entire movie IMO straight genius.

Never had bad feelings with cruise as reacher so that was fine. Books are so so tho, some hit some miss. Over all good character.

Fine with it ..

-Interstellar: Ive already reported my opinion as being luke warm. Could have been much better. Nice try.

-Nightcrawler: This was great. Very fun. I can see something like this actually happening.

-Hobbit: It was good, but geez...felt like ive seen it about ten times already. More time should have been given to the giant monsters of the ork army. They were freaking cool.

-Foxcatcher: Creepy good. Must see if you are old enough to remember the actual events its based on.

trying to see The Gambler this week.
Pure blasphemy solely for the interstellar take

Those books have been a guilty indulgence.