Class of 2014 - Recent Rutgers Commits | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Recent Rutgers Commits

Orangejet

Suds Peddlar
They are now getting commits from recruits with offers from Butler, Indiana State, E. Washington, No. Colorado and the tool at Skout, Brian Dohn, is playing them up like they are 4-star recruits.
Is Dohn payed by Skout to report exclusively on RU? What a Jack!

Last edited:
Their last 6 recruits have been pathetic. Some of these guys don't even have BCS level school offers.

At least with our "B" list options we've had to pursue, mainly at the DT position, they still have had BCS level offers. Granted I'd rather they have other major BCS conference level offers, but I'd rather have players plucked from Sun Belt schools at the last minute than from FCS schools. Ouch.

I noticed this morning they get a N.R. and a 2 * and they move up 4 spots. Then we get Harvey and we drop back two spots but after with the bunch we got this weekend we go up 5.

and Sco*t wonders why they can't a premium scripts from the fan base.

Their last 6 recruits have been pathetic. Some of these guys don't even have BCS level school offers.

At least with our "B" list options we've had to pursue, mainly at the DT position, they still have had BCS level offers. Granted I'd rather they have other major BCS conference level offers, but I'd rather have players plucked from Sun Belt schools at the last minute than from FCS schools. Ouch.
Those are the kids we got before HCDM and his first couple of years

We are trending up
They are trending down

Those are the kids we got before HCDM and his first couple of years

We are trending up
They are trending down

You're right. I remember 2002-2004, when we would miss towards signing day we'd end up signing some kid from nowhere that no one has ever heard of. And then nothing would ever come of those guys (shocking). Looks like their staff had no contingency plans at all, but then again it's probably hard to have a good contingency plan when you have 12 guys decommit.

They were just saying he was going to flip to PSU on the revals board at Rutgers. They were kind of like OH WELL there goes another to them

retro44 said:
I noticed this morning they get a N.R. and a 2 * and they move up 4 spots. Then we get Harvey and we drop back two spots but after with the bunch we got this weekend we go up 5. and Sco*t wonders why they can't a premium scripts from the fan base.

Had to have missed something because the math doesn't work that way.

Had to have missed something because the math doesn't work that way.
Has Skowt rated Cordy yet? This needs to be done before 2/5, so it doesn't skew our rating. It might help if someone with subscription contacts McAllister on this; he should rate a ** just for committing. Cordy's had some nice offers/ interest, but the big 4 recruiting sites are showing him no love ratings wise. Strange. Also, I don't know if I believe the speculation Cordy was the staff's preference over Washington, either. I think Cordy wanted to be here more and pulled the trigger regardless of Trumaine. Could have been as simple as first come, first served. Shocked if there wasn't somehow room for both if Washington verbaled our way. Fingers crossed Dowels' is in decent shape academically and will qualify. Regardless, I believe we're fine by adding just Cordy.

Beat writers don't rate guys at Scou'. The regional and national writers are in charge of the rankings.

Beat writers don't rate guys at Scou'. The regional and national writers are in charge of the rankings.

and guess who that is...Brian Dohn

Cordy won't get ranked. Their final rankings have already been done. We were lucky they bumped Dowels to 2 stars after the final ranking, even though Garcia said he graded him out as a 3 star.

and guess who that is...Brian Dohn

Cordy won't get ranked. Their final rankings have already been done. We were lucky they bumped Dowels to 2 stars after the final ranking, even though said he graded him out as a 3 star.

Why do you say he wont get ranked? He was given 2 stars. The numerical ranking went to 160. They must not have gone further. There are a lot of NR's for 2 stars and for no stars.

Why do you say he wont get ranked? He was given 2 stars. The numerical ranking went to 160. They must not have gone further. There are a lot of NR's for 2 stars and for no stars.

he didn't have any stars a few hours ago. their final rankings were done last week i believe. i'm surprised Dowels and Cordy were given any after the final cut off. I do think they did it right though. If they weren;t able to grade a player for whatever reason and he commits to a P5 school they should be re-evaluated.

he didn't have any stars a few hours ago. their final rankings were done last week i believe. i'm surprised Dowels and Cordy were given any after the final cut off. I do think they did it right though. If they weren;t able to grade a player for whatever reason and he commits to a P5 school they should be re-evaluated.

I honestly believe it's because someone called out Dohn over there. That's what happens when you try and save face.

If I remember correctly, someone posted that any previously unevaluated (NR) is automatically given 2-stars if he commits to a P5 school.

Don't get me wrong, I totally agree with you on this topic. No matter how you look at it, the star system is very flawed and supremely biased. You only need to look at BC's recruit ratings on ryvals and compare them to other services. Every service has their select group of teams that are given extra attention based on subscription numbers or affinity for a particular school i.e. Mike Farrel/BC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom