Recruit RB/LB Kenneth Goins | Syracusefan.com

Recruit RB/LB Kenneth Goins

ejz555

2nd String
From Yahoo Sports..

RB Goins starts to consider visits

blank.png

By Mike Farrell, Recruiting Analyst 4 hours, 57 minutes ago

Goins confirmed plans to visit both of his official offers soon.
“I am taking official visits to Syracuse and Tulane during the school year,” he said. “I really don’t know too much about the schools going into it, I have talked to Coach Moore at Syracuse. I think he’s a very nice guy, a nice person and seems like a great coach. I can say I like Syracuse more, I talk to them the most.”
With visits inevitable, what is he hoping to see?
“I just want wherever I go to be a good school, a good opportunity and some place I can see myself at. Then, I’ll go to football from there. I want it to be a good fit first off.”
A number of other schools are watching Goins including West Virginia, Rutgers, Pittsburgh, Connecticut, Oregon, Temple, Wake Forest, Iowa and Notre Dame.
However, the two-star prospect noted no plans for a decision anytime soon.
Goins and Gilman kicked off the season on Friday with a 68-9 victory.
“We played a home school team and I only had two carries and scored on both of them.”
Next up for Goins and Gilman is Oscar Smith, one of Virginia’s top teams.
“I’m not sure what to think about them, I know that they’re pretty good, we’ve got to play our best.”

His recruitment appears strange. His profile lists offers from 6 or 7 BCS schools but now he claims he only has confirmed offers from SU and Tulane. Seems a bit odd to me.

His recruitment appears strange. His profile lists offers from 6 or 7 BCS schools but now he claims he only has confirmed offers from SU and Tulane. Seems a bit odd to me.
He'd be a hell of a LB prospect if he was 2"-3" taller. Not fast-fast, but quick, with a nice burst. Good, compact power. I'd like to see a speed back come in this year, 4.4 type break away runner. Goins wouldn't be a bad pick up, but there are better on our list. My personal favorite is Tevin Coleman, and George Morris is underated. Wes Brown would be nice, but I doubt he's taking us too seriously right now.

He'd be a hell of a LB prospect if he was 2"-3" taller. Not fast-fast, but quick, with a nice burst. Good, compact power. I'd like to see a speed back come in this year, 4.4 type break away runner. Goins wouldn't be a bad pick up, but there are better on our list. My personal favorite is Tevin Coleman, and George Morris is underated. Wes Brown would be nice, but I doubt he's taking us too seriously right now.

Yeah I don't see Wes Brown happening...too much noise there.