Recruiting 2019-2021 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting 2019-2021

2020 isn’t really take a look at CJ Kirst coaches son from Leading Edge and Debarton NJ. Shifty lefty with great IQ.

Also Connell Kumar from Leading Edge /Seton Hall tall middie who can shoot with both hands.

It’s a shame we didn’t get Sheehan’s son also
Who is going to Penn State. West Genny and Sweetlax Upstate Star!
Are these two SU commits?

Villanova and Duke have had inroads into Delbarton which has been a NJ power. Small consolation, many good players on that team but the sum is usually greater than individual brilliance

Class of 2018
Basil Aburn, A, Baltimore, MD / Boys’ Latin
Mikey Berkman, A, Orlando, FL / Dr. Phillips
Griffin Cook, A, Dewitt, NY / Jamesville-DeWitt
Logan Dieball, M, Cincinnati, OH / Moeller
Peter Fiorini, M, Baldwinsville, NY / Baldwinsville
Owen Hill, M, Vaughn, ON / Hill Academy
Owen Hull, D, Rye, NY / Rye
Shahe Katchadurian, G, Cross River, NY / John Jay
Jack Kennedy, D, Ridgewood, NJ / Ridgewood
Andrew Kim, M, Wyckoff, NJ / Don Bosco
Justin Kim, M, Wyckoff, NJ / Don Bosco
Tyler Lawton, M, New Providence, NJ / New Providence
Matthew Magnan, M, Bedford, NY / Fox Lane
Jerry Staats, D, Six Nations, ON / Hill Academy / OCC
Seth Thornton, M/FO, Scarsdale, NY / Scarsdale

Ronald Fisher, M, Baltimore, MD / Gilman (Decommitted)
Jacob Walthour, LSM, Columbia, NJ / Salisbury (???)
Thomas Washington, FO/M, Minneapolis, MN / Blake (Flipped to Marquette)

Class of 2019
Brandon Aviles, FO/M, Setauket, NY / Ward Melville
Landon Clary, LSM, Greensboro, NC / Northwest Guilford
Sean Donnelly, A/M, Bradenton, FL / IMG Academy
Gavin Kline, FO/M, Fairfax, VA / Paul VI
Zach Lee, D, Philadelphia, PA / Penn Charter
JJ Levandowski, M, Southboro, MA / St Mark's / IMG Academy
Michael Page, LSM, Bernardsville, NJ / The Hun School
Max Rosa, M, Camillus, NY / West Genesee
JT Stirpe, A, Vestal, NY / Vestal
Lars Swensen, A, Duxbury, MA / New Hampton
Luke Talago, FO, Center Valley, PA / Allentown
Harrison Thompson, G, Mountain Lakes, NJ / Mountain Lakes
Blake Ulmer, G, Lake Forest, IL / Wilbraham & Monson
Shaffer Woody, M, Durham, NC / Durham
Josh Zawada, M, Wake Forest, NC / Hill Academy

Class of 2020
Camden Hay, A, Victor, NY / Victor
Russell Maher, A/M, Mt Sinai, NY / Mt Sinai
Marshall McGuire, M, Lake Oswego, OR / Lake Oswego
Carter Parlette, M, Oviedo, FL / Hagerty
Drew Snyder, A/M, Bradenton, FL / IMG Academy
Marquez White, M, San Diego, CA / Poway
Jack Witherspoon, D, Reisterstown, MD / Gilman School

Parlette has unfortunately de-commited per Xanders. Pretty big loss.

What was once a high end class no longer looking like one. Johnny D gonna have to scramble up there...

What is happening to that class

Early recruiting losses most likely. Blake got a chance to go to Harvard in his original class. Not sure on Parlette but he may have decided he wanted to look elsewhere. SUs pretty loaded at midfield now and the next few classes may have decided he wanted a quicker path to PT. Its unfortunate but it does happen. Lots of spots available, hope we hit the recruiting trail hard. Tough loss though, a top 20 kid.

Early recruiting losses most likely. Blake got a chance to go to Harvard in his original class. Not sure on Parlette but he may have decided he wanted to look elsewhere. SUs pretty loaded at midfield now and the next few classes may have decided he wanted a quicker path to PT. Its unfortunate but it does happen. Lots of spots available, hope we hit the recruiting trail hard. Tough loss though, a top 20 kid.
This just scares me because I don't see a top 20 kid decomitting from another school and choosing Cuse. Has Desko become too reliant on the name Syracuse? These 2020 kids were 6 and 7 when we last won our national championships. Seems like our best recruits ( Curry, Dordevic, Cook) were going to come to cuse regardless of the coach (to some degree at least) I love Desko as a coach always have thought he got a lot out of a little some of these past years, but recruiting is the lifeblood. Too soon to tell I guess and you are right the midfield depth is there. It's just not exciting to lose our highest rated recruit

This just scares me because I don't see a top 20 kid decomitting from another school and choosing Cuse. Has Desko become too reliant on the name Syracuse? These 2020 kids were 6 and 7 when we last won our national championships. Seems like our best recruits ( Curry, Dordevic, Cook) were going to come to cuse regardless of the coach (to some degree at least) I love Desko as a coach always have thought he got a lot out of a little some of these past years, but recruiting is the lifeblood. Too soon to tell I guess and you are right the midfield depth is there. It's just not exciting to lose our highest rated recruit

A few things to keep in mind. Recruiting was a major issue for the 13, 14 and 2015 class. It picked back up as of the 2016 class, was outstanding last year and despite this years ranking of 15, this current class is definitely a top 10 class. There has definitely been an uptick in recruiting which is evident when you look at how previously SU was bringing in 2-3 major transfers a year to supplement the roster, the last two years its been 1.

Decommits do happen unfortunately and we have been on both sides of it. Hopkins for example had 2-3 in their 2018 class including a top 50 kid, it happens. Keep in mind Lewandowski I believe was a flip to Syracuse as well as Dordevic and a few others. All that being said losing Partlette and Blake the last month + is certainly not good news especially Parlette ( can't blame Blake for going to Harvard). That said the 2020 class still has a lot of high end O talent ( don't want to lose anymore thought) and the staff now has multiple openings to fill and perhaps will target some of the higher end guys that remain uncommitted. I don't know the full story surrounding Parlette's decision but when your talking about early recruiting these things do happen. Just look at the high end defender we got last week he was a flip from UNC.

I know it’s not SU related but the number one players in 2020 just decommitted from PSU.

While it won't console you much, with Tiffany poaching #56 Wayer from OSU, OSU has lost 3 of their 4 top 100 recruits in the 2020 class (including #2 B.Grimes to Hopkins).
The main positive for OSU in filling in that hole, is picking up #51 Gerard Kane A (Lambert, GA) in the 2019 class, and Kane is supposedly going to PG a year.

Maryland has been very fortunate in losing only 1 of their 8 early 2020 recruits so far, but I am keeping my fingers crossed.

I believe the fall signing period for 2019 recruits opens up on Nov 14.

While it won't console you much, with Tiffany poaching #56 Wayer from OSU, OSU has lost 3 of their 4 top 100 recruits in the 2020 class (including #2 B.Grimes to Hopkins).
The main positive for OSU in filling in that hole, is picking up #51 Gerard Kane A (Lambert, GA) in the 2019 class, and Kane is supposedly going to PG a year.

Maryland has been very fortunate in losing only 1 of their 8 early 2020 recruits so far, but I am keeping my fingers crossed.

I believe the fall signing period for 2019 recruits opens up on Nov 14.

The poaching game is going to become more preavalaent unfortunately, UVA and ND are shameless about it. It's not Desko's way but he's going to have to fight fire with fire and start going after some of their commits.

The poaching game is going to become more preavalaent unfortunately, UVA and ND are shameless about it. It's not Desko's way but he's going to have to fight fire with fire and start going after some of their commits.

I think it is at a high water mark right now, with all these 2020 recruits who verbally committed 2 years ago and haven't been allowed to change, now having the option. Then you have these top teams like: Duke, Notre Dame, and UVa who hadn't signed anyone going into this period, putting on the pressure.
I think it will continue high over the next year, as you will still have a large body of 2020 recruits who signed a couple years ago, but when they sign next November, then things will start to calm down. After that, you will mostly just have recruits who committed in the fall of their junior year, and had a much better idea of where they wished to go to school.

Finally, someone in the media addresses Syracuse and the case of the disappearing recruits. Chris Jastrzembski, former team manager, offers some insight into what might be going. Note: he does not have any definitive reasons, but seems to have a lot of the same thoughts we've shared on this board.

Syracuse men’s lacrosse: Why are some big recruits decommitting?

Finally, someone in the media addresses Syracuse and the case of the disappearing recruits. Chris Jastrzembski, former team manager, offers some insight into what might be going. Note: he does not have any definitive reasons, but seems to have a lot of the same thoughts we've shared on this board.

Syracuse men’s lacrosse: Why are some big recruits decommitting?

Good article, as you noted he mentions a lot of what has been posted here. The lack of any 5 star recruits in the 2019 and 2020 classes is beyond troubling.

One thing I would note is he mentions George Baughan as being a former decomitt I don't recall him ever being comitted to Syracuse.

Good article, as you noted he mentions a lot of what has been posted here. The lack of any 5 star recruits in the 2019 and 2020 classes is beyond troubling.

One thing I would note is he mentions George Baughan as being a former decomitt I don't recall him ever being comitted to Syracuse.

He probably reads this board, and saw that we were asking for an article to look into it and decided what the hell.
This board probably generates a lot of views from writers and bloggers.

Got a kick out of the picture they used in the article. Lars looks like he's got his eyes on the prize and Desko looks uninterested.

1541187113503.png