Recruiting 2022-2024 | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting 2022-2024

Back on the board!

SU has had some success with players who decommited or left service academies. Tyler Cordes comes to mind from Navy and Sean Derby (who didn’t end up playing) from Army come to mind.

I went through the top 50 and the amount of kids that have an ivy or multiple ivies is crazy. Then the amount of kids interested in ACC is high too but the little interest in cuse is lowwww.
I know we can’t gauge just on this and how much interest there is, but damn.

I went through the top 50 and the amount of kids that have an ivy or multiple ivies is crazy. Then the amount of kids interested in ACC is high too but the little interest in cuse is lowwww.
I know we can’t gauge just on this and how much interest there is, but damn.

Yeah it’s not great. I’m guessing the current group of freshmen are getting a lot of scholarship money so they might be a bit hamstrung. I’m not expecting a top five class, but something along last years lines would be nice. Let’s hope Gait and co are working hard.

Yeah it’s not great. I’m guessing the current group of freshmen are getting a lot of scholarship money so they might be a bit hamstrung. I’m not expecting a top five class, but something along last years lines would be nice. Let’s hope Gait and co are working hard.

Yup I think $$ and playing time is an issue plus UVA and Maryland had lesser (for them) classes then they normally have so they were gonan be aggressive already (UVA already has cleaned up). I also think 4-10 isn't exactly a help.

Yup I think $$ and playing time is an issue plus UVA and Maryland had lesser (for them) classes then they normally have so they were gonan be aggressive already (UVA already has cleaned up). I also think 4-10 isn't exactly a help.
The season certainly did not help, but it is encouraging that we were still able to do a solid job in the portal right after it. One solid season with some of the freshman going off early and there is hopefully some kids who would then want to hop on board.

schools ranked by number of "interested" starred players:

26 - UNC
21 - Notre Dame, Virginia
20 - Harvard
19 - Duke
18 - Maryland
16 - Georgetown
15 - Princeton, Penn
13 - Michigan
9 - Johns Hopkins, Penn State, Ohio State, Brown
8 - Cornell, Yale, Navy
4 - Syracuse, Loyola, Army
2 - Denver, Villanova, Rutgers

obvious caveat is that the majority of recruits haven't listed any schools, so this may not necessarily be indicative of the landscape as a whole.

another thing to keep in mind is that a kid only shows up as "interested" on a school's page if he lists them in their first five. for instance, chaminade's ben fox lists duke, uva, yale, nd, unc, penn, princeton, harvard, jhu, georgetown, but he only actually appears on the pages of those first five.

that being said, a couple observations:

- UNC, the school, recruits itself. Doesn't matter how bad they are. Kids want to go there
- Byrne has made Harvard lax a lot more appealing to recruits in a very short amount of time
- Rutgers is in deep doodoo once transfermania dies down and they have to go back to regular recruiting
- Denver is irrelevant
- It's hard not to notice the large disparity between Cuse and the rest of the ACC teams but as long as this doesn't become a multiyear trend they should be ok

Roundup of recent commits, hopefully I'm not listing any dupes that have already been announced on here.

Michael Melkonian, FOGO, Southside, NY - Cornell
Michael Marshall, Defense, Westfield, NJ - Cornell
Nick Wehmeyer, FOGO, Malvern, PA - Yale
Chase Picard, Midfield, Holderness, NH - Georgetown
Ross Prince, FOGO, Springside Chestnut Hill, PA - Georgetown

schools ranked by number of "interested" starred players:

26 - UNC
21 - Notre Dame, Virginia
20 - Harvard
19 - Duke
18 - Maryland
16 - Georgetown
15 - Princeton, Penn
13 - Michigan
9 - Johns Hopkins, Penn State, Ohio State, Brown
8 - Cornell, Yale, Navy
4 - Syracuse, Loyola, Army
2 - Denver, Villanova, Rutgers

obvious caveat is that the majority of recruits haven't listed any schools, so this may not necessarily be indicative of the landscape as a whole.

another thing to keep in mind is that a kid only shows up as "interested" on a school's page if he lists them in their first five. for instance, chaminade's ben fox lists duke, uva, yale, nd, unc, penn, princeton, harvard, jhu, georgetown, but he only actually appears on the pages of those first five.

that being said, a couple observations:

- UNC, the school, recruits itself. Doesn't matter how bad they are. Kids want to go there
- Byrne has made Harvard lax a lot more appealing to recruits in a very short amount of time
- Rutgers is in deep doodoo once transfermania dies down and they have to go back to regular recruiting
- Denver is irrelevant
- It's hard not to notice the large disparity between Cuse and the rest of the ACC teams but as long as this doesn't become a multiyear trend they should be ok

The paper in Raleigh doesn't even cover UNC lax unless they’re really really good. They’re baseball’s ugly stepbrother

The paper in Raleigh doesn't even cover UNC lax unless they’re really really good. They’re baseball’s ugly stepbrother
I recall Dino mentioning on a podcast that lacrosse isn't covered by the local media, Shocking.. - I believe they could do more, but we are pretty fortunate to have the PS's and Axe's coverage of the mens and women's programs.

we feeling a busy weekend for the 24s?
Not directed straight at cuse but a general statement about the class.