Recruiting is haunting us! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting is haunting us!

Su has some interesting players on offense but Bailey is the only one I'd call a playmaker. And he just can't do it all and is not suited to do it all. He needs help. I believe it is fair to say that Marrone has not landed an impact player on offense. If he had, they'd be playing. Impact players are not usually "developed." The trush frosh may develop into quality D1 players and even be above average. But AAM in particular, if he were an "impact player"...he'd be playing and not sitting at 4th string (I guess 3rd now). Either that or our coach is stubborn and...oh well just forget that part.

You ever get the feeling we're playing for next year? Someone needs to replace dove bars with snickers for Caoch Marrone. Hungry? Why Wait?!

How about Justin Pugh? Zach Chibane? Two big name starters you left out on the O-Line. How about Kris Curtis, who looked great in camp? Rob Trudo? Sean Hickey? All of those kids are going to play major roles on the O-Line next year.

How do you know Ameen Moore's not a "game breaker" back? How about Prince Tyson Gulley? He looked real good before his injury.

Lemon and Chew are better than average. Jarrod West has looked real good in his limited time. Kobena's been great on KO returns, hasn't had a chance on offense yet. We have a few recievers that are true freshmen and haven't played yet.

Once again, didn't see this post last week. But because we lose to Rutgers now we don't have playmakers on offense. I would love to see us have someone step up and be Mike Williams, but that's not going to happen this year. If we score 50 points next week will you post this again?

I agree. Our most talented players are really young. We haven't grabbed that kid that can come in and have an impact as a freshman yet, but I wasn't expecting that. It'll take more success before we start seeing that. We don't know how good AAM is going to be yet. West and Kobena are both freshman and show potential. Broyld could be a stud when he gets here, but he'll probably redshirt if he stays at QB. I see a more functional offense than last year (considering we don't have a bowling ball RB to give the ball to). The defense is young, it already looks better than it did in the first game, and it returns nearly everyone for the next year or two. People wanted to have Coach Mac fired after the '86 season (was that his 6th year?) and then he goes undefeated. He was handed Joe Morris and didn't have immediate success. I think things are headed in the right direction.

It is easier to build a defense then an offense. Defensive players can be moved around to play different positions. You have a lot of flexibility that allows you to get your best athletes out on the field.
On the offensive side players are more set in their positions. You can only play one good quarterback at a time. If you have 4 good linebackers you can play play all four in some situations.

It is easier to build a defense then an offense. Defensive players can be moved around to play different positions. You have a lot of flexibility that allows you to get your best athletes out on the field.
On the offensive side players are more set in their positions. You can only play one good quarterback at a time. If you have 4 good linebackers you can play play all four in some situations.

Bingo! Also, if a defensive player makes a mistake there are other guys around to clean up the mess unless its a DB in man coverage. If a WR drops a pass or runs the wrong route OR an RB misses a hole, fumbles, or misses a blitz pick up it's a much bigger deal.

That was my thought as well. That's why if you were going to start to rebuild a moribund program, it makes sense to start with the defense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom