Class of 2014 - Recruiting Spots Open and Needs | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Recruiting Spots Open and Needs

chakka3421

All Conference
Three questions - I havent seen this posted yet and would just like to know:
1. How many known spots are open for 2014?
2. What redshirts will and will not get invited back?
3. What are the positions of need for 2014?

If everyone arrives in August, there will 84 players on scholarship.

There are 15 players in their last year of eligibility.

That gives us 16 open spots.

If everyone arrives in August, there will 84 players on scholarship.

There are 15 players in their last year of eligibility.

That gives us 16 open spots.
About where we started last year at this time. And we know how that turned out.

positions of need. DE, LB, DB, OT, RB

Probably go LB heavy. Haven't been too many DE offers, and losing ground on Beh was disappointing.

I'm sure that it will be up to the low twenties come February.

I'm sure that it will be up to the low twenties come February.

I'm sure there will be a couple if guys that walk early or quit, pretty much par for the course every year. Or get booted for one reason or another.

I think we end up in the Low to mid 20's as SS has already proven, you embarass yourself and there is a good chance your off the team. Unfortunately, seems like there is always a couple of kids doing something stupid, regardless of how many times they are told to avoid trouble, they just find it. That said...

QB: 1 Which we have in AJ
RB: 1-2 I see us getting Lock the JUCO
WR: 1-2 Big Time Player Needed here: AJ...keep working on KJ and we'll be just fine
OL: 2-3 We always need a couple of additions here.
DT: 1-2 A tree for the future middle of the line, I am partial to Holley's myself!
OLB:1-2
ILB:1
DE:1-2
CB:2
S:1
TE:1

That is 13-19 players right there, so I would say any other playmakers and talent to fill in depth besides these position, best available 4 stars would be nice! We have to think Special teams this year as well.

We have to think Special teams this year as well.
Isn't there a kicker from upstate that was pulling major attention?

I think we end up in the Low to mid 20's as SS has already proven, you embarass yourself and there is a good chance your off the team. Unfortunately, seems like there is always a couple of kids doing something stupid, regardless of how many times they are told to avoid trouble, they just find it. That said...

QB: 1 Which we have in AJ
RB: 1-2 I see us getting Lock the JUCO
WR: 1-2 Big Time Player Needed here: AJ...keep working on KJ and we'll be just fine
OL: 2-3 We always need a couple of additions here.
DT: 1-2 A tree for the future middle of the line, I am partial to Holley's myself!
OLB:1-2
ILB:1
DE:1-2
CB:2
S:1
TE:1

That is 13-19 players right there, so I would say any other playmakers and talent to fill in depth besides these position, best available 4 stars would be nice! We have to think Special teams this year as well.

we are going to load up on LB. I would like to see some rush DE's as well. I know they don't grow on trees, but we really need someone that fits that category.

I will answer no. 1 for you not only for 2014, but for every year between now and some sort of major change in NCAA eligibility status, allotted schollies or general human behavior -- low-to-mid 20s. Maybe only 17 will show up in August, maybe we have an odd year where we get up to 27-28, but the fishes/loaves discussion is really a thing of the past. With all the non-qualifiers, the growing trend of transfers and the natural attrition due to grades/behavior, there will likely never be a year where we sign under 20 again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom