Recruiting Strategy and Preference | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting Strategy and Preference

OrangeinDC

Mission: Always destroy Bayside44 in Hoops!
So I have 3 schools of thought:

1) Recruit the best regardless (cast a wide net) - Look for the best ranked recruit regardless, even if it means bringing in someone
higher than the guy you've secured and let them work it out on the court. With the new transfer rules, it's a good chance you'll
lose one of them.

Considerations... 1 year player vs 2, 3 or 4 year player, school reputation for recruits, win now vs development, relationships with
HS coaches.

2) Target recruitment (cast a targeted net)- Recruit for best pieces and once you have that recruit in house stop recruiting the position. This can go a couple ways, player works out, player blows up and leaves early, player doesn't workout or ends up needing to be here longer than expected. This would also include one year rental type players.

Considerations... Buddy, Quade Green, Dion Johnson, Malachi, Lydon or Paul Harris or Winfred Walton types FCOL.

3) Combination (cast a wide net) - Targeted recruitment unless it's a 4/5 star "class" type player. If you get the commit, bring him in
regardless of who's here and let them work it out on the court. Also, still identify and bring in "program" players when you can.

Overall considerations: Winning a ship, season wins and postseason ops, program stability, program viewed by recruits and program development.

I go in this order:

I think you need season wins along with good post season ops and targeted recruitment of players unless there is a "class" talent that wants to be here, however, I would continue to recruit the position until he's on campus. We remain a positive overall destination for recruits, have good relationships with HS coaches and have players in development ala the old 4 year route. However, I would take "that dude" if he's wants to be here and adjust.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom