Recruiting will improve with this coaching change | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting will improve with this coaching change

CuseN

Walk On
We now have a coach who will be involved in the recruiting process, something JB hadn’t been involved in for years. Also, even committing to playing man and sprinkling in zone is going to help us big time. Recruits want to play man defense to prepare for the NBA. Think about it, even with the 2-3 zone, we still were in many top 3s and top 5s for excellent players over the past few years. We now will no longer have the 2-3 zone hanging over our heads and a older coach which hurt us in recruiting. Syracuse is still a top 10 destination due to fan support, history and facilities. I think Red has a tremendous opportunity to be very successful. I think we will see a huge jump even next year with a return to the NCAA tournament.

With Red, Benny will probably return and I hope Mintz as well. This is going to be a phenomenal offseason with so many great possibilities.

agreed.

building a season around 6 freshman is rather difficult...almost sacrificial.

and nowadays, might also come without a reward if they leave after 1 year, or dont pan out
But I was told this was his greatest recruiting class ever and a slam dunk tourney team. How could anyone have seen this result...

Red must hold the majority of the young talent together (Mintz as priority) and bring in 2-3 portal guys that will elevate the team.

Top priority is a center to replace Jesse
Second is Guard depth (top transfer shooting guard), but may need a point if Mintz leaves
I’d like to see power forward depth for rebounding

If he can put those pieces together than we have a chance to be successful (NCAAs) in Red’s first year.

Top priority is a center to replace Jesse
Second is Guard depth (top transfer shooting guard), but may need a point if Mintz leaves
I’d like to see power forward depth for rebounding
I think Maliq and (late season) Benny can be a formidable duo in the right situation.

The biggest problem the last few seasons has been the defense.

"Head Coach" is a bit of a misnomer...the job really is coach, GM, and President of Syracuse men's basketball.

Recruiting and retention needs to get better, now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom