Recruiting | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting

Again, I was replying to a post that said Dino installed the 3-3-5. So YES, people are saying it was his scheme. Read the entire post stream!!

But the statement I quoted was in reply to a post I made. read that post.

You are correct that he isn’t telling his DC how to do his job. That would be ineffective and I don’t think anyone is saying he is the guy who makes the defensive play calls.

But by hiring the right personnel to incorporate a defense that works for the recruits we can get, he is in fact deciding what defense we are playing.

So you are a little bit correct. Time move on before the hole you’re digging hits a gas line.
Not digging a hole, creating a mountain

I was replying to the original post of:
"Dino hired the OL coach and the DC to implement his plan. He conceived of the idea to utilize the 3-5-3 system well before he chose Tony White to run the defense."

This post is incorrect. It is NOT a 3-5-3 and also that the defensive plan of White's is NOT Dino's scheme. It had nothing to do with giving credit to anything other then what was posted.
Gotcha, but you dont think Cuse defense is the Rocky Long 3-3-5? "He conceived the idea" You dont think Dino specifically targeted a guy that could install this scheme at Cuse? Im trying to understand you.

Last edited:
It's a 3-3-5 defense and Dino has never been a DC so why would he have a plan? He may have liked what he saw from these DC's on other teams and that enticed him to make the hire. His first hire also left town before even meeting with the players.
Pardon my typo.

3-3-5.

It's still not Dino's scheme, he choose that type of defense because he thought it would fit his players however, the defensive design has nothing to do with Dino's input...ie: Not his scheme.
dude, your going out of your way to not give credit to the HC when the HC gets this kind of credit *every other time* in all of college football history

How much of the ratings in the 70s is due to there only being 10 recruits multiplied by their individual ratings?

If there were 20 commits, wouldn’t
the overall ranking be higher? (20 X approx 85.5 per recruit?)
Yes, we are currently low because we have only 10 commits and few of those have high ratings individually. And that illustrates the challenge. There is a lot of work to do. List of visitors for the recent home game was sparse, have to see about the Pitt game.

F0464E6A-F1D6-4F58-AD85-0B6B213535EB.png

Extremely excited about this kid & imo this is easily the best staff by far, recruiting and X&Os so i hope and think better players will come will continue.

Its just the matter for everyone matter a fact can we keep them cause of that astronomically horriable new transfer portal. That has to change!

Not sure if it’s just the positive response to new coaches added, but it would appear as if our recruiting competency has taken a step forward. Hope we can close out the 2022 class strong and then build toward a 2023 class that turns some heads.

Who’s flying into our coup next; could it
be, one of these…

Actually, In another thread I compared one out WR recruits to a sand hill crane; a tall WR from Florida; check it out! Great use of humor, Orange Tarheel!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom