Recruiting | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting

SWC75

Bored Historian
I think our recruiting is going to be much bettter in the new ACC.

1) More money

2) We'll be one of what will become a 64 team "division" that will constitute major college football.

3) We'll be playing a lot of teams up and down the coast- our traditional recruting areas. Well get plenty of exposure and players will know that if they can't play for the local team they can play for us against the lcoal team.

4) Other northeastern recruiting rivals will fade. If Rutgers is not in the mix, (I'm hoping that the ACC will lose out in the Texas and Notre Dame sweepstakes and take Connecticut and West Virginia), New Jersey will be wide open for us.

I really hope we can make some in-roads in the Carolinas. There is a ton of talent, especially in SC.

I figure that the move to the ACC allows for so much speculation by sports media that we should get a bump from that alone.

Recruiting will become so much better. This is a great area for us and we will do so much better in the east now that Uconn and Rutgers are on the outside looking in. Ohio will be stronger as well with Cincy on the outs. All in all a huge boost for us expect to see some dividends soon

Recruiting will become so much better. This is a great area for us and we will do so much better in the east now that Uconn and Rutgers are on the outside looking in. Ohio will be stronger as well with Cincy on the outs. All in all a huge boost for us expect to see some dividends soon

You mean like's it done for Boston College?

You mean like's it done for Boston College?
Very different with syracuse and Pitt on board all three will benefit. Also with the demise of the big east and Uconn and Rutgers going by the wayside we will also get an uptick. No BC was hurt but the acc didnt have any east coast rivals which it now does. Maryland Virginia VT BC Syracuse and Pitt has a pretty good ring to recruits

I think we could be joined soon by Connecticut and Rutgers, (I'd prefer West Virignia). BC has played in two ACC title games and gone to a bowl every year since they joined the conference.

I think it's a wait and see with UT & OU and what they do - ball is in there court now

I could care less about everybody but WV football wise, I hope to see them move to the ACC as well. Although I do thoroughly enjoy a good scarlet knight thumping I can deal with no longer seeing them.

I wouldn't mind UConn joining the gang in the ACC but no thanks to Rutgers.

Having a game in Georgia will just strength our recruiting there even more, as well as games in Florida.

Doubt there's a bowl in BC's future this year, but I get what you're saying. And just say NO... to Rutgers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom