Recruits/Clemson Game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Recruits/Clemson Game

Feb. 1 is much too late for a recruiting weekend for this year's class. If you're bringing in juniors, that's another thing. There might be one or to kids still undecided at that point, but we rarely get that type of recruit. Too bad the Indiana game isn't on a Saturday. Clemson would be a good weekend to visit, but most of our recruits are a plane ride or a long drive away. A school like Rutgers, for example, can get a dozen good prospects to make a Saturday game without having to travel far.

and thats the biggest argument for recruiting more regionally. the old 5 hour driving radius.

duke game is fine visit weekend for late flips or already committed kids.

[quote="PhatOrange, post: 750399, member: 229"]and thats the biggest argument for recruiting more regionally. the old 5 hour driving radius.

duke game is fine visit weekend for late flips or already committed kids.[/quote]

there is a reason this philosophy has been around forever.

I'm watching the Clemson game right now, they are good. But not world beaters

I am glad we don't get them at their place ... they are really tough at home ... this schedule is set up for them to really go far. FSU and UGA at home ... couldn't have worked out any better for them. Having to travel to USC though will make it hard for them.

The Louisville Team that waxed the perineal runner up for a NC bid last year, the Florida Gators at the Sugar Bowl, or some other team that they sent here? I don't get the point. Louisville was a pretty darn good team last year, and we spanked them. Clemson is beatable, especially if we get the QB play settled.

NC State showed last night this team is beatable, just want us to be the ones to do it first!

Fort Lauderdale (FL) Cardinal Gibbons OL Kadeem Smith will officially visit Cuse when the Orange play Clemson Oct. 5

Last edited by a moderator:
So far it looks like the Clemson game is setting up to be one of the biggest recruiting weekends of the year. We have some real positives to show kids that weekend.
-Show the kids why it's called the Loud House as it sounds like it's going to be close to a sell out
- Plenty of current commits will be on campus
- IPF construction will be under way. It is something more then renderings that you can actually bring the recruits over to show them that this is really happening.

Here is a list of recruits who have said they will be making the trip

AJ Long
Nasean Howard
Zaire Franklin
Erv Phillips
Aaron Roberts
Micquelle Cotton
Alin Edouard ??
Nile Sykes
Ish Witter

Am I missing anybody?

Now we just need to win!!
Winning this game would be a huge and significant event for Shafer and the program.I just hope the team comes out confident and hungry and ready to play hard-nose and effectively.In addition to recruiting the bandwagon buccaneers will jump on and begin to buy more tickets making the Dome even more effective as a home team advantage place.:eek:

So far it looks like the Clemson game is setting up to be one of the biggest recruiting weekends of the year. We have some real positives to show kids that weekend.
-Show the kids why it's called the Loud House as it sounds like it's going to be close to a sell out
- Plenty of current commits will be on campus
- IPF construction will be under way. It is something more then renderings that you can actually bring the recruits over to show them that this is really happening.

Here is a list of recruits who have said they will be making the trip

AJ Long
Nasean Howard
Zaire Franklin
Erv Phillips
Aaron Roberts
Micquelle Cotton
Alin Edouard ??
Nile Sykes
Ish Witter

Am I missing anybody?

Now we just need to win!!

Any update to the list besides?

Kadeem Smith

Jared Shanker ‏@JShankerESPN 7h
Syracuse commit Jason Cabinda will visit Cuse Oct. 5 and officially Jan. 17. He'll visit Penn State Oct. 12 and possibly again for official

Jared Shanker ‏@JShankerESPN 7h
Syracuse commit Jason Cabinda will visit Cuse Oct. 5 and officially Jan. 17. He'll visit Penn State Oct. 12 and possibly again for official

the longer this goes the better. i don't think PSU will sit around and wait for a decision. They definitely need a LBer this class

@Aj_Long3: What up @NikeMikeJ you coming to the clemson game??

@NikeMikeJ: @Aj_Long3 planning on it

http://recruiting.At their request,... from this site./a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=6468421

Michael Johnson Louisville commit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

Is it Mike Johnson from Hialeah or Clearwater? I think they're different kids.

the longer this goes the better. i don't think PSU will sit around and wait for a decision. They definitely need a LBer this class
I don't agree with is because at this point in PennState's troubled era,they must be patient and the longer it gos now favors them. I will be pleasantly surprised if Cabinda arrives in Syracuse if he signs our LOI in February 2014.:p

Johnson’s reported offers

Cincy
Florida State
Indiana
Iowa st
Louisville
Purdue
Rutgers
South Florida
Central Florida
Vandy
Virginia
Arizona
Texas tech
Some solid offers there...

I don't agree with is because at this point in PennState's troubled era,they must be patient and the longer it gos now favors them.

PSU has a limited # of scholarships. The longer it goes, the less it favors them.

PSU has a limited # of scholarships. The longer it goes, the less it favors them.
PSU has 22 scholarships as they are anticipating 2 to count towards their last class and enroll early. This is from someone in the know.

PSU has 22 scholarships as they are anticipating 2 to count towards their last class and enroll early. This is from someone in the know.
They can't count towards their last class when they used all their scholarships last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom