Recruits signed more than 25???? | Syracusefan.com

Recruits signed more than 25????

atcar

Scout Team
How do some of these schools have more than 25 recruits? FSU @ 29, Tenn @ 35, etc. Is the max you can sign @ 35?

How do some of these schools have more than 25 recruits? FSU @ 29, Tenn @ 35, etc. Is the max you can sign @ 35?

Those that enroll in January can be assignment to the previous year's class as long as the total of 85 scholarship limit isn't exceeded.

Edit: there is always the possibility that some won't qualify.

you can sign 1000 kids if you want but can only have 25 enroll in august. these classes that balloon over 25 are either kids who enrolled early in january, will not qualify or who will defer until next january.

I would presume a steady flow of grey shirting, back dating, finding kids non football scholies so they can "walk on", and/or deeming non productive upper classmen medically ineligible to free up their scholies making them non counters. Stuff an expensive private school can't really do but tuition for in state kids at a lot of these big schools is only 1/4 of Syracuse if that.

Believe I read somewhere that Tenn had 13/14 early enrollees. Same way Franklin is getting away with more than 20 in PSU since they had 5 in Jan.

What all those before me said. The only thing I find crazy about Tenn is that 35 is nearly half the entire team. What is that telling your current players, including one that should have come to Syracuse! :)

Scholarships are for one year renewed at the schools discretion, I'm sure some of the schools tell kids who don't play to move on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom