Recruits... | Syracusefan.com

Recruits...

jekelish

Living Legend
Gus Edwards just tweeted he is taking three more official visits before making his college decision.

Marrone. I'm already a jets fan and I now have more ammo to hate the bills

Isaiah Johnson@3StripBrand
ain't takin it that far that's disrespectful to the program bruh @GodsGiftGUS

in response to:

@GodsGiftGUSThis is all a shock to me but ,I will be taking 3 more official visits before making my college decision. Florida state, Miami,Rutgers.

I believe we are in a dead period, but might it be worth potential violation for some coaches to reach out to these kids. Not sure if it is real penalties or a slap on the wrist. heck Marrone coud call he has nothing to o with the program anymore

We will lose recruits. Good ones. Getting this hire right is more important than any recruit though. Right back to a 4 year rebuild! Yay!

Gus Edwards just tweeted he is taking three more official visits before making his college decision.

Which is why we need to name a coach ASAP. While we're at it, if Gus wants to visit Miami, lets just take Miami's coach...solves that problem.

Rutgers LMAO, haha, I don't know who the hell will be the next Syracuse coach, but that person is guaranteed to be better than Kyle flood lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gus and Zach are the prizes ... expect Rutgers to push very hard on Gus.

We will lose recruits. Good ones. Getting this hire right is more important than any recruit though. Right back to a 4 year rebuild! Yay!

No way this a 4 yr rebuild. We are in a good place right now we just need someone who can kick it up to the next level.

Dammit...someone give Zach Allen, Gus's phone number too. Gonna be a busy few days for ZA.

Anybody with half a brain knew buttgers would be calling Gus Edwards. I would expect to lose him.

By seeing who TGD has hired for other sports team as head coach, I know we will get a quality candidate. All of our sports team are doing better, even men's soccer.

Funny how we didn't get any rutty recruits in their coaching change but we might lose x in ours? Why I wonder, that is?

Isaiah Johnson@3StripBrand
ain't takin it that far that's disrespectful to the program bruh @GodsGiftGUS

in response to:

@GodsGiftGUSThis is all a shock to me but ,I will be taking 3 more official visits before making my college decision. Florida state, Miami,Rutgers.
Add Isaiah Johnson to the guys in this class that have a future as a captain when they are upperclassmen

I believe we are in a dead period, but might it be worth potential violation for some coaches to reach out to these kids. Not sure if it is real penalties or a slap on the wrist. heck Marrone coud call he has nothing to o with the program anymore

Communication with their HS coaches is OK I believe just not the recruit. A public PR issued by the school I believe should come shortly. Communication channels are important now. They don't have to be direct channels to impose a violation. That would be bad.

Funny how we didn't get any rutty recruits in their coaching change but we might lose x in ours? Why I wonder, that is?
Marrone was great at alot of things...recruiting was not one of them. Doesnt mean he couldnt identify talent and coach it up. He did a helluva job at that.

Marrone was great at alot of things...recruiting was not one of them. Doesnt mean he couldnt identify talent and coach it up. He did a helluva job at that.

Agree and I wonder if honoring them going elsewhere hurt him as well, like the PSU situation. Recruiting is a dirty game at times and I have no doubt even though this is the "dead" period recruiters are making their calls or contacts through a second party.

Correct, we just need a guy that gets a cup board full of three star recruits and makes them 5 star recruits... Bigger upside guys, vs some of the slow guys we have on defense and offense.

I guess I don't understand this. The key of recruiting is identifying talent. He has shown that.

Recruiting is not about star rankings, so I'm not sure how you are making your point.

I guess I don't understand this. The key of recruiting is identifying talent. He has shown that.

Recruiting is not about star rankings, so I'm not sure how you are making your point.
I understand this point, but did you see how the 3 Syracuse players tried to tackle the USC WR and he fended them off like high school kids?

I understand this point, but did you see how the 3 Syracuse players tried to tackle the USC WR and he fended them off like high school kids?

You do realize that both of USC's receivers would have started for several NFL teams this year, right?

Still don't understand. USC recruits NFL players, and compensates them. Not an even argument.