Recruits... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Recruits...

Gus Edwards just tweeted he is taking three more official visits before making his college decision.

This is where having a good AD is a key. When Schiano left, Pernetti personally called all the RU verbals, kept in contact with them and personally kept the class together as he went through the interview process that eventually ended with Flood as the HC.

I don't think the recruits can even be contacted today, unfortunately.

Panic move so close I can taste it.

F me. And UCONN while we're at it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I guess I don't understand this. The key of recruiting is identifying talent. He has shown that.

Recruiting is not about star rankings, so I'm not sure how you are making your point.

My point by agreeing is that when going head to head with the big boys it was difficult...maybe a Marrone problem maybe an SU problem or combo of both. Overall I liked the direction he had us going and it was getting stronger. Agree on the stupid ass ranking thing, they often don't have a clue and cater to their audience/customers.

Don't want to loose any recruits but Gus was most likely to redshirt anyways. We can handle this with the RB depth we have and hopefully have a decent class next year. We do need someone to steer the ship though.

Did anybody have any faith that we would win a recruiting war when anyone else of signifigance was involved. When Rutgers gets involved we shouldnt be like oh well, good try. Marrone was great at getting under the radar guys and coaching them up but he wasnt getting us any program changing guys.

Let's see how Gross handles trying to hold the rst of the staff together. That will play a big part in how many recruits we lose.

:bang: