Red Flags | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Red Flags

If you don't like the history of the program, I'd recommend finding one that satisfies you instead of continually beating the same drum.
Thank you for proving discourse is dead. Wow your post really takes me down you showed me. If you don't like my opinion ignore it as Syracuse is my alma mater and if you want an echo chamber you aren't getting that for me. Your post really addresses my point. Oh wait sorry it doesn't it just tells me to either get in line or shut up what a joke.

Last edited:
Kentucky was in the NIT (and loss to Robert Morris) in 2013...
I did not mean we can't ever make the NIT. The point I was responding to was the poster was trying to frame the argument either we have to be 20-11 or 18-13. My point was if we have to play 8 guys most years to be 20-11 then who cares ablution the NIT. We recruit top 100 talent each year. We aren't a have not. This season is a rebuilding year which is fine after the run we have had.

Thank you for proving discourse is dead. Wow your post is really takes me down. If you don't like my opinion ignore it as Syracuse is my alma mater and if you want an echo chamber you aren't getting that for me. Your post really addresses my point. Oh wait sorry it doesn't it just tells me to either get in line or shut up what a joke.
Not my point at all. I understand good discussion, but many of your posts come off as something just short of whining. You may be an alum but it must be torture for you to try and support the team if you don't like the history of the program.

Not my point at all. I understand good discussion, but many of your posts come off as something just short of whining. You may be an alum but it must be torture for you to try and support the team if you don't like the history of the program.
I call it the way I see it. I give praise when warranted and give criticism when warranted. If you don't think JB's short rotation is a legit topic then I don't know what rock you live under. I have said numerous times JB is the best thing in the SU athletic department, but that doesn't mean everything he does is right or can't be questioned. He isn't perfect.

RED FLAG #1
There is a reason CM is the greatest recruit since Melo. Because there hasn't been a big time recruit since Melo.

RED FLAG #2
We are not rebuilding. We are just keeping the status qou- to make one final four every decade. Duke reloads, not rebuild. Kentucky, Louisville, Kansas, Michigan State etc reloads. They also happen to play plenty of top notch OCC games early in the season against each other. Who do we play? We play St Johns and get boned by them at our house. That's where Syracuse Basketball is right now.

#1 is complete BS. Flat out incorrect. I don't care enough to go back and look up the numbers, but I'm not even sure McCullough IS the biggest recruit since Melo. Regardless, Flynn, Greene, Devendorf, Harris, Fab Melo, Waiters, Christmas, and Coleman were all similarly ranked and all were "big time" recruits.

#2 Our OOC schedules are usually fine. I remember beating Kansas the last time with Flynn and Harris, I remember beating Florida several times...we owned MSU early in the 00's but unfortunately haven't played them in awhile. We managed just fine against Duke last year. We've been just as good as any of these schools.

And we had beaten St. Johns like 15 times in a row, so I'd say that was the exception and not "where we're at".

mountaincuse said:
Kentucky was in the NIT (and loss to Robert Morris) in 2013...

And won the NC the season before that and the title game after that. Can I sign up for that situation because I would.

We have the 5th most winning program of all time.

We have the 2nd winningest coach in history.

I'll let you continue to cry in your bowl of Cheerios by acting like we have a lower tier program. We are young and we're going to have a down year. Relax and just roll with realistic expectations of short term mediocrity.

UConn missed the NIT the year after they won the NCAA tourney in 2011.

UK was in the NIT a couple years ago.

Just relax and let this team develop and lay the groundwork for next season.

This is all true, but I think it is difficult for us as fans to stomach because of the (relative) lack of tourney success of this program compared to those two you mentioned.

I'm going to say something that isn't going to be popular on here, but must be said for clarity. Our program is not a tier one program. What do I mean by that you ask? Yes, we get plenty of primetime matchups, recruits know our brand, we get plenty of media attention etc. We are not elite though. Think of a Ohio State, Villanova, Georgetown or even Indiana. They have that name recognition and history. That's where Syracuse always has been.
Want to be elite? Then start recruiting talents like CM every year. Sprinkle in some program guys like Rak or CJ Fair and we have a contender every year. We don't have to be like the vermin over at Kentucky, but Duke/Kansas etc has plenty of NBA talents AND program guys mixed in too.

RED FLAG #1
There is a reason CM is the greatest recruit since Melo. Because there hasn't been a big time recruit since Melo.

RED FLAG #2
We are not rebuilding. We are just keeping the status qou- to make one final four every decade. Duke reloads, not rebuild. Kentucky, Louisville, Kansas, Michigan State etc reloads. They also happen to play plenty of top notch OCC games early in the season against each other. Who do we play? We play St Johns and get boned by them at our house. That's where Syracuse Basketball is right now.

There's a big difference between the state of the program and the state of the season. The state of the program is good, while the state of the season can be up for debate. Don't confuse the two.

There's a big difference between the state of the program and the state of the season. The state of the program is good, while the state of the season can be up for debate. Don't confuse the two.

I really like this response. I don't see the point in coming on this board after a loss in December and bemoaning the state of the program. I guess everyone just deals with things differently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom