Red should take over in the fall of 2023 | Syracusefan.com

Red should take over in the fall of 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cusefan0307

Red recruits the ACC!
I know this post is going to drive (some)people nuts, but I hope this is JB's last season and I think our best option is to name Autry as the coach for 2023. It would help stabilize our recruiting as there's about 2-3 guys on a loaded City Rocks squad I think we could immediately sign including his son. There's lots of unknowns with us on the trail due to the fact kids don't know who the coach will be. Get another top assistant on staff who has a HC background and we have a staff that can grind with anyone. I know people will disagree and that's ok, but going outside is going to be a complete rebuild and I'm not sure we can afford that right now. Red gives us the best chance to improve going forward IMO.

I know this post is going to drive (some)people nuts, but I hope this is JB's last season and I think our best option is to name Autry as the coach for 2023. It would help stabilize our recruiting as there's about 2-3 guys on a loaded City Rocks squad I think we could immediately sign including his son. There's lots of unknowns with us on the trail due to the fact kids don't know who the coach will be. Get another top assistant on staff who has a HC background and we have a staff that can grind with anyone. I know people will disagree and that's ok, but going outside is going to be a complete rebuild and I'm not sure we can afford that right now. Red gives us the best chance to improve going forward IMO.
I agree that if that is what JW is going to do then it would pay dividends to do it now. Personally, I think JW needs to do a nationwide search but I will defer to JW.

Live look-in at half the posters on this board reading this:

gross head exploding.gif

I believe that’s a joke and the guy didn’t have breakfast with them. Maybe he was at the same place. The comment on Harden gives it away. Doubt he would repeat that is actually said.

This should have happened years ago. But yeah Im fine with it happening Fall 2023

I disagree with your premise about "best chance." Subjective opinion, IMO.

But if [and I mean "IF"] this is the direction JW plans to take, then they should do it. It makes no sense not to. Less that zero, in fact.

Telling that JW hasn't named him the next coach in waiting.

This should have happened years ago. But yeah Im fine with it happening Fall 2023

Don't hold your breath. :rolleyes:

I mean - what else is JAB gonna do with his time?
He can only golf and eat Italian food so much.

I've posted this before, and will do so again:
When JAB was on that 9-game suspension, he hated it.
Juli said he was utterly miserable.
Which made him realize he didn't want to stop coaching, in spite of the HICW agreement w/ Hop.

Not a coincidence that Hop left after that, and that JAB keeps on keeping on.
It is literally who and what he is.

He's either going to expire on the court, or JW is gonna hafta "have the talk" with him.

Don't hold your breath. :rolleyes:

I mean - what else is JAB gonna do with his time?
He can only golf and eat Italian food so much.

I've posted this before, and will do so again:
When JAB was on that 9-game suspension, he hated it.
Juli said he was utterly miserable.
Which made him realize he didn't want to stop coaching, in spite of the HICW agreement w/ Hop.

Not a coincidence that Hop left after that, and that JAB keeps on keeping on.
It is literally who and what he is.

He's either going to expire on the court, or JW is gonna hafta "have the talk" with him.
Hopefully he has grown since 2016 and is willing to pick up some new hobbies.

The idea that a financially well off retired person can’t find a way to spend their time in a way that makes them happy is sad to me.

Would like it if when we get to August JAB says I' m going to retire now. Then Red can take over this year with the young team. That way none of them get Boeheimed. Let them all start out fresh, without any bad tendency's.

In theory I agree with OP, but after the Hopkins Head Coach in Waiting fiasco, I want no part of a timetable for Jimmy's retirement as I will only believe it when I see it. Jimmy is holding all of the retirement cards.

And, yes, I am with OP about Red being the next man up. I dont really know if Red would truly be his own man, but he is certainly qualified and he has certainly earned it.

It will be hard for the next man to abandon some of Jimmy's concepts, but if the program is to move forward post-Jimmy, that will be necessary. Try to keep the best of what Jimmy embraced while moving forward away from the Jurassic era.

Hold a interview process that is in line with with finding a coach for every other sport... Let the assistants interview but cast a wide net as well. Never know who is looking for a change. I’m up for anything at this point. I truly do not think there is a successor in place. I haven’t heard one ounce of that. There are a set few who will get calls but that’s obvious. I expect JW to be pushed to make a sensible decision the same way he did with the dino situation and getting Anae and Beck and how he handled the FLJ situation as well. Both were home runs on paper and the right moves. I expect the same due diligence here

I like Red as HC with John Beilein as bench coach and Griff and Jeremy Pope as assistants/recruiters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom