Red should take over in the fall of 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Red- hc

Gmac associate HC..works with guards
JB Jr associate HC working w bigs
Joe Girard associate HC away Game restaurant analytics
Did you mean JB Jr as grad assistant??

I love Red! I really do but I want Hop for his recruiting abilities which is more than half the battle
Agreed. I like Red, but if we're going with the obvious choices I'd want Hop due to his recruiting prowess. Additionally, and perhaps most importantly in the new age of the instant transfer, Hop not only knows how to recruit, but he also knows how to keep players. The guys love him. He kept Dion and others in orange. Recruiting and keeping players is more than half the battle, and I fully expect he could figure the rest out. And he'll be much more effective back on the East Coast.

Agreed. I like Red, but if we're going with the obvious choices I'd want Hop due to his recruiting prowess. Additionally, and perhaps most importantly in the new age of the instant transfer, Hop not only knows how to recruit, but he also knows how to keep players. The guys love him. He kept Dion and others in orange. Recruiting and keeping players is more than half the battle, and I fully expect he could figure the rest out. And he'll be much more effective back on the East Coast.
Had Dion played in the NIL era there is no way hop could have kept him in orange without money being involved

Don't hold your breath. :rolleyes:

I mean - what else is JAB gonna do with his time?
He can only golf and eat Italian food so much.

I've posted this before, and will do so again:
When JAB was on that 9-game suspension, he hated it.
Juli said he was utterly miserable.
Which made him realize he didn't want to stop coaching, in spite of the HICW agreement w/ Hop.

Not a coincidence that Hop left after that, and that JAB keeps on keeping on.
It is literally who and what he is.

He's either going to expire on the court, or JW is gonna hafta "have the talk" with him.
That was a poor experience by which to judge. He knew he was going back and was "at work" every day in his head.

Had Dion played in the NIL era there is no way hop could have kept him in orange without money being involved
Dion was a highly ranked recruit who was raised by a single mom without a lot of money. He would have committed to the highest bidder in the first place, which is perfectly understandable. I agree with your point -- we need our players to be financially successful here if we have any chance at a future.

Hold a interview process that is in line with with finding a coach for every other sport... Let the assistants interview but cast a wide net as well. Never know who is looking for a change. I’m up for anything at this point. I truly do not think there is a successor in place. I haven’t heard one ounce of that. There are a set few who will get calls but that’s obvious. I expect JW to be pushed to make a sensible decision the same way he did with the dino situation and getting Anae and Beck and how he handled the FLJ situation as well. Both were home runs on paper and the right moves. I expect the same due diligence here
This is fine as long as fans realize we will not sign any recruit worth a darn until this happens.

This is fine as long as fans realize we will not sign any recruit worth a darn until this happens.

I'm not as close on recruiting, you said Trey's team is pretty stacked? We have major interest in those guys that are high D1 prospects?

I'm not as close on recruiting, you said Trey's team is pretty stacked? We have major interest in those guys that are high D1 prospects?
There’s Trey and then there’s Elijah Gertrude who’s disgustingly underrated. Gertrude has outplayed Simeon Wilcher who’s a 5 star headed to UNC. He holds offers from UVA, Pitt, Seton Hall and Rutgers.

Don't hold your breath. :rolleyes:

I mean - what else is JAB gonna do with his time?
He can only golf and eat Italian food so much.

I've posted this before, and will do so again:
When JAB was on that 9-game suspension, he hated it.
Juli said he was utterly miserable.
Which made him realize he didn't want to stop coaching, in spite of the HICW agreement w/ Hop.

Not a coincidence that Hop left after that, and that JAB keeps on keeping on.
It is literally who and what he is.

He's either going to expire on the court, or JW is gonna hafta "have the talk" with him.
Juli will have the talk with him before Wildhack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom