Reddish and Desir | Syracusefan.com

Reddish and Desir

kcsu

Living Legend
I think that we may see more of Reddish and Desir this week with the injuries. One other thought would possibly be Phil to corner if Fisher is back as a play to get our best on the field. Rutgers is more physical than fast and Phil and Fisher are two of our strongest DB's.

On the O side i wouldnt be surprised to see AAM get some time nor would it surprise me to see us really attack rutgers through the air as they are pretty weak in the secondary. Look for West to continue to get more reps.

I agree on Reddish & Desir..I think Lyn and Anderson are in real doubt..

I really hope West gets more reps. I think he is ready to step in and really make an impact. Just a guess, but I think Coach Marrone may have been holding him back for the first few games as a result of the minor disciplinary problem he had over the summer. I think that is behind him and having watched him play for 4 years in high school....the kid can flat out play the game!!

I really hope West gets more reps. I think he is ready to step in and really make an impact. Just a guess, but I think Coach Marrone may have been holding him back for the first few games as a result of the minor disciplinary problem he had over the summer. I think that is behind him and having watched him play for 4 years in high school....the kid can flat out play the game!!

Good point, he hasn't really been discussed much in that regard

This one's gonna be up to our LBs. When Schafer calls the blitz they are going to have to get there. We don't have a CB that is ready to lock down Sanu, even if they were all healthy. Maybe we put Scott on him and just ask him to play smart and keep him from getting behind him? We need Spruill to be able to play all game, Lynch to continue his positive development, and Dyshawn to get back into the flow.

That was my thought; my friends thought that seemed a bit farfetched that West might've been sitting through a "quiet" three-game suspension.

Either way, he looks like he'll be a good one.

I think that we may see more of Reddish and Desir this week with the injuries. One other thought would possibly be Phil to corner if Fisher is back as a play to get our best on the field. Rutgers is more physical than fast and Phil and Fisher are two of our strongest DB's.

I'd rather have Wilkes play corner if he's not needed at safety.

IMO the play of our LBs was a major reason we dominated RU on defense the last 2 years. In particular, Hogue, Smith, and Davis and were in the grill of Savage and Dodd every time they tried to throw the ball. Their inexperienced OL just couldn't handle the multiple blitz packages Schafer was throwing at them, and their running game was so inept the front 7 could just lay their ears back and go after the QB.

It doesn't seem like out LB's have gotten much pressure on opposing QB's. I just hope we don't play a soft zone and get shredded all day. Double Sanu and make them beat us with the other WR's.

IMO the play of our LBs was a major reason we dominated RU on defense the last 2 years. In particular, Hogue, Smith, and Davis and were in the grill of Savage and Dodd every time they tried to throw the ball. Their inexperienced OL just couldn't handle the multiple blitz packages Schafer was throwing at them, and their running game was so inept the front 7 could just lay their ears back and go after the QB.

I think you mean Hogue as a one man wrecking crew against Savage (EJ Carter was the third LB), and last year Hogue, Smith and Spruill were a strong crew in the middle of an experienced defense.

Shafer has more work cut out for himself this year, without Hogue and with a lot less experience on defense. Have to depend on Cam Lynch and others to grow up fast, and on the offense to lead the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom