Redirect to App Store | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Redirect to App Store

I should have added ... Close your browser, then follow above instructions. Delete all cookies, clear cache, etc. shut phone down, then restart.

If that doesn't work, turn off JavaScript.

I'll try turning off Java. After following your instructions, I have been redirected three times while trying to sign in and view this thread. The frequency of the redirect has increased.

Thanks. I should have thought of that. Those are my setting and I haven't had the problem on my iPhone, or either of my iPads.

I still think it is odd some people are still having the trouble while seeing no ads here.

I access the site from my iPhone all the time. Mostly use ForumRunner but sometimes Safari. Haven't seen this.

Inside of Safari/Settings, be sure Block Pop-ups is selected. And in the same place, be sure to block cookies from third parties and advertisers.

It's been happening to me quite a bit as well. As of this morning still happening.

Pretty sure the problem people are having results from a cookie that a rogue ad on this site is leaving. I use Safari on iOS 7.1 with cookies from third parties and advertisers blocked and I haven't experienced this issue.

*UPDATE*: I can confirm that this is indeed the issue. I experimented by allowing cookies and cleared my cache. Within about five minutes of browsing the site, I was redirected to the App Store to download Game of War.

How to fix (Specifically for iOS 7.1; menu options for other iOS versions should be similar)
  • Go to Settings, scroll down and tap on Safari.
  • Under Privacy & Security, tap Block Cookies and check "From third parties and advertisers"
  • Go back to Safari settings and tap "Clear Cookies and Data." Confirm.
  • Probably unnecessary, but for good measure reboot your iPhone.

The problem should be solved. You will probably have to login to the site again. It's a good idea to change the site to view in Mobile Style like Tom suggests.

Happens all the time, iPhone, latest iOS. Well versed in clearing cache, safari options and have rebooted, both 4s and my recent upgrade. Really rough, almost unusable on apple devices.

Arggh, was just about to post here that after pop up block, cookies from third party, clear all data, reboot seemed to work, App Store redirect when I navigated to this page. This happens on iPad and now two iPhones I've had in the past few weeks. I thought I had it for a sec but she's persistent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom