Redshirt Juniors | Syracusefan.com

Redshirt Juniors

PhatOrange

Living Legend
Babers said on Monday that final decisions regarding redshirt juniors will be made after the season. There are five others on roster: corernback Corey Winfield, offensive tackle Jamar McGloster, safety Chauncey Scissum, inside receiver Sean Avant and lineabcker Alryk Perry

Babers said on Monday that final decisions regarding redshirt juniors will be made after the season. There are five others on roster: corernback Corey Winfield, offensive tackle Jamar McGloster, safety Chauncey Scissum, inside receiver Sean Avant and lineabcker Alryk Perry
All not named Corey can go

doesnt really matter once they max out the number they can sign.

Just make sure we have a full complement of 85 legitimate scholarship players on the roster.

Interesting group there.

McGloster and Perry were both added post signing date to fill up roster spots. Perry had some D2 interest and McGloster had no other options.
Scissum was headed to Old Dominon and only offered after Marrone left because he wasn't interested.
Avant was a late flip from FIU by McDonald after they fired their coach.
Winfield was flipped from Northern Illinois and had a few low level FBS offers.

Interesting group there.

McGloster and Perry were both added post signing date to fill up roster spots. Perry had some D2 interest and McGloster had no other options.
Scissum was headed to Old Dominon and only offered after Marrone left because he wasn't interested.
Avant was a late flip from FIU by McDonald after they fired their coach.
Winfield was flipped from Northern Illinois and had a few low level FBS offers.

Definitely. Avant had good offers and out of the gate was a good looking prospect. Injury bug, change in O.

Corey was a converted WR and is probably our best CB and McGloster love him or hate him is a starting tackle. Even if a kid redshirting is poised to pass him next season we'd be stupid to cut ties with kids who've been starting all season. We need the depth.

My guess - Winfield stays, McGloster stays but gets demoted to 2nd string next season, Scissum gets another year because he got stabbed so let's be cool here, and Avant and Perry say goodbye.

its a 2 way street. kids might want to go an play rather than sit and watch a team likely still struggle.

My guess - Winfield stays, McGloster stays but gets demoted to 2nd string next season, Scissum gets another year because he got stabbed so let's be cool here, and Avant and Perry say goodbye.

I predict Mike Clark to win the RT job in the spring. He's big, had the offers and we got lucky with Michigan brushing him aside late in the game.

Have to think Avant and Perry leave as well. McGloster stays but as I've mentioned in other threads i think Mike Clark wins the RT job in the spring and McGloster is a backup/on FG unit.

Have to think Avant and Perry leave as well. McGloster stays but as I've mentioned in other threads i think Mike Clark wins the RT job in the spring and McGloster is a backup/on FG unit.
Perry already announced he's not coming back

Perry already announced he's not coming back
Where and when? His Instagram is private and no news of this has been on the board, nor is anything coming up on Google.

Where and when? His Instagram is private and no news of this has been on the board, nor is anything coming up on Google.

I thought it was leaked in an article during the football season. I'm not even sure he was on the team this fall even though he's on the roster.

His Instagram is private, his Facebook is private, and he doesn't Tweet.

I wouldn't be surprised if he takes his degree, but he hasn't talked to the media about it.

Hope McGloster stays. He finally put together a good game vs. Pitt.