Referee getting beat up for a bad call | Syracusefan.com

Referee getting beat up for a bad call

This was from 2021 fwiw.

It looks like the ref actually took the first shot with the guy in yellow recording him. Ref needed to walk away and the people attacking him are trash.

As someone who was threatened as an umpire, by a players parents, I think this crap needs to lead to jail time. Not happening in CT because we are pretty lenient.
I was asked to coach little league a few years back, I absolutely loved it, so fulfilling. Will never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever for one second even think of considering to do it again. The parents are absolute trash.

If any one of you have yelled at an umpire at a 10 year olds game you truly deserve a punch in the mouth because you're a straight up loser.

I was asked to coach little league a few years back, I absolutely loved it, so fulfilling. Will never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever for one second even think of considering to do it again. The parents are absolute trash.

If any one of you have yelled at an umpire at a 10 year olds game you truly deserve a punch in the mouth because you're a straight up loser.
I used to ump girls softball for a year. I threw a dad out once and made him go sit in his car because he was acting out of hand. One of the coaches told me he didn't think I actually had the authority to do that, but when I told the guy I wasn't going to say play ball until he went and cooled down in his car, he and the other coach met eyes and decided to just let it ride.

Part of the trick I found was keeping the mask on. Gives an impression of authority.

It looks like the ref actually took the first shot with the guy in yellow recording him. Ref needed to walk away and the people attacking him are trash.
I’m confused as to why people aren’t talking about that. The ref threw the first punch. He didn’t get suplexed because he made a bad call, he got suplexed because he hit a man in the face. Unless the video is misleading.

I used to ump girls softball for a year. I threw a dad out once and made him go sit in his car because he was acting out of hand. One of the coaches told me he didn't think I actually had the authority to do that, but when I told the guy I wasn't going to say play ball until he went and cooled down in his car, he and the other coach met eyes and decided to just let it ride.

Part of the trick I found was keeping the mask on. Gives an impression of authority.
And some protection - at least it should hurt a punchers hands somewhat.

I’m confused as to why people aren’t talking about that. The ref threw the first punch. He didn’t get suplexed because he made a bad call, he got suplexed because he hit a man in the face. Unless the video is misleading.
True, this isn’t an example of a spectator going wild till the ref hit first. That said the spectator should never have been on the court in the first place but the ref lost his temper and composure.

Perhaps the video is missing context, but the video itself shows the ref is throwing the first punch. It was all totally unnecessary though, but the ref contributed to it by starting the physicality.

EDIT - That being said didn't realize it was a spectator that was hit first. I can see why they are defensive.

This is bigger than just youth sports. It's a symptom of the growing pervasiveness of entitlement and a lack of respect for authority and civility in society. It's scary to think about where this could be headed?
Things are no worse now than prior decades, it’s just that everything is captured on smartphone and social media now so it creates the illusion that things are horrible because it’s the worst videos that go the most viral.

Things are no worse now than prior decades, it’s just that everything is captured on smartphone and social media now so it creates the illusion that things are horrible because it’s the worst videos that go the most viral.
It’s gotten worse in the last 15 years alone.

It’s a byproduct of youth sports being overrun by travel/club organizations.

It breeds cutthroat entitlement that overwhelms many well intentioned parents.

IMG_3799.jpeg

I just don't agree with that. I never heard of a youth sports ref getting beat up prior to the last decade or so. I think there is a general shift with regards to civility across all demographics.

It’s gotten worse in the last 15 years alone.

It’s a byproduct of youth sports being overrun by travel/club organizations.

It breeds cutthroat entitlement that overwhelms many well intentioned parents.
Agree. I can't buy that it's not worse than prior decades. I think that's crazy and I think you probably are close to the main reason. Everyone thinks their kid is the next great one.

The fact that this video was basically presented as new when it’s over 3 years old kind of proves your point.

People got outraged when it happened
Then 3 years later, they get outraged all over again.

It’s almost like “TikTok” knows what’s it’s doing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom