Referees have been poor | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Referees have been poor

Yup. And agreed with people being brainwashed. It’s crazy to me how many people have no idea on that one.

I argued with a high school/college (not D-1) referee over the Brissett charge at a Christmas party a few days after the Bonnies game. He insisted it was a charge. I insisted it wasn’t and that the charge call is way overdone and is ruining college hoops.

Definitely not a charge any agree with you 100 percent. The secondary defender sliding over and moving in front of someone is awful

Thanks. That's what I thought. The OP said he time it and they did seem short. I don't have a dvr to check. I'd be interested to know if in fact there was a discrepancy on both or either call i.e. Clock, clock operator,

Gumbo?

I had it in DVR and was timing on my phone when inbounded. The shot clock said 20 because it ticked another second after the whistle blew. The shot clock did not stop instantaneously when the whistle blew

That one fsu guard's head snapped back and slammed the court when he tried to draw one towards the end of the game. I'm surprised he didn't have a concussion. The charge call is up there with the stupidest rules in all of sports. Like you I've always wondered how it came about. The logic behind it is anti athletic
In the NBA almost every drive is a block. They rarely call a charge. In college everything is a charge. It's insane.

has there ever been a "the refs were super tonite " thread ? really handed us the W ? wonder why ?

glasses .

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom