Refs botched free throws today... | Syracusefan.com

Refs botched free throws today...

690West said:
According to king Otto. He says he confirmed it after rewatching. Didn't make a difference (thankfully) but how in the world would our bench coaches miss that? https://twitter.com/kingottosworld/status/412384547368484864 @KingOttosWorld: Not that mattered but refs only allowed Fair 1 shot on St Johns 10th foul.

You know we all said the same thing when it was happening. Bizarre

I have some more info.

My wife said that she noticed on 9th foul, they announced it as #9 but never changed it one the scoreboard at MSG. Ennis made both. MSG still had SJU at 8 fouls.

The 10th foul came after the epic block by Grant. Fair got the ball and was fouled and missed the first and wasn't given a second shot. My wife said the scoreboard still said 8 fouls. Watching on DVR you can see Nick Resavy jump off the bench dramatically. Maybe he was in charge of counting fouls and other stats?

Then Fair is fouled again, for SJU foul #11 and she said they finally put 10 fouls on the scoreboard. CJ missed the first and the refs almost screwed that up!

My wife said she didn't mention this to me at the game because she knew my reaction would've been... Well, let's just say... Unpleasant.

I said the same thing at the game but just figured I had too many beers. I remember seeing 8 fouls listed for SJU, Ennis getting fouled and shooting and then us shooting 1 and 1 on the next foul.

The refs were horrendous today.

I was surprised on the first goal tend no mention by the announcers. you would think someone in the truck would have spotted it too.. then they showed it later in the highlight real and it was really obvious how bad a call it was.

Michael Stephens. He's consistently been one of the worst refs in college hoops for a few years now. He flies under the radar but he's horrendous.

FACT. He's horrendous, not sure why he hasn't made the Mt. Rushmore of suck yet.

Counted the # of fouls in the 2nd half before the first CJ trip to the line... there were, in fact, 10 fouls and it should have been two shots.

What a joke.

I wonder what would have resulted if we had lost the game.

Lol we've been knocked out of the tournament on lesser mistakes (backcourt call) even if you don't count allowing supples moves. The official reaction? The refs laughed it off at dinner post game (per CTO) and yeah that's about it.