refs | Syracusefan.com

refs

That was the best refereed game I've seen in a long time. It was called tightly without calling phantom fouls.
Obviously it was a quick game. I thought the same as you but also thought how great it was not to have Burr and his fat ass buddy Higgins running down the court. And I haven't thought about those guys in years. Cahill also.

I think the only play I didn't like was an over the back that wasn't called. VERY well officiated by the stripes.

Obviously it was a quick game. I thought the same as you but also thought how great it was not to have Burr and his fat ass buddy Higgins running down the court. And I haven't thought about those guys in years. Cahill also.

Burr and Higgins were an embarrassment every time I saw them. Who wants to work hard to get better games when two lumps like them are always in the way? The Old Boys Club is the greatest impediment in college hoops officiating.

Burr and Higgins were an embarrassment every time I saw them. Who wants to work hard to get better games when two lumps like them are always in the way? The Old Boys Club is the greatest impediment in college hoops officiating.
It really is amazing how bad Burr and Higgins were. I was watching an old game the other day and some of the calls were just unbelievable and many of them were in huge spots.

It really is amazing how bad Burr and Higgins were. I was watching an old game the other day and some of the calls were just unbelievable and many of them were in huge spots.

Was it a St Johns game where there was time left and they just left the court?

That was the best refereed game I've seen in a long time. It was called tightly without calling phantom fouls.

One time I was working the scorer's table at a CYO game. And the referee came over and needed to look at the scoring book. He then said, "I forgot my glasses". He confirmed my most commonly thought suspicion about referees!

those dudes literally made calls to swing momentum on purpose. "Oh, I think its time for the losing team to go on a run" So NBA jams computer assistance would kick in, and what do you know? a 10-0 run!!!

those dudes literally made calls to swing momentum on purpose. "Oh, I think its time for the losing team to go on a run" So NBA jams computer assistance would kick in, and what do you know? a 10-0 run!!!

I think Higgins loved to screw the home team to get a rise out of the crowd. I hated having Higgins in a close home game, you had to win it 2 or 3 times. Burr looked like he should have been an umpire arguing balls and strikes with a manager. They were both consistently horrible but of course there we no repercussion. That is the issue I have with college officiating. No reward for being good, no penalty for stinking.

Great post. If we blast them when they are bad, gotta praise them when they are good. They were fantastic last night.

A small part of me...ok not a small part, a relatively large part, thinks it is because it was Syracuse and Miami. When any of the traditional ACC teams are playing, it seems that that is a touch of favoritism.

I thought it was a poorly reffed game, as usual. Two phantom fouls on Battle and Roberson in the vicinity of jumpshooters and a total unwillingness to call fouls on Miami's fouls, from the beating of Lydon on several of his shots to their incessant body-checking of our ballhandlers off screens.

Miami not really attacking much in the paint helped. Shutting down their penetration surely helped there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom