Refs | Syracusefan.com

Refs

How can a program be so lucky and so unlucky at the same time?

If any team deserves a break, it is this year's Orangemen!! F everyone else.

Never again will you bitch

I beg to differ:

1) The goal tend - I would like to see that again. I think one of our guys blocked the shot first, then our second guy blocked it again. I think once a defender blocks a shot, you can "goaltend" it. They only showed the replay after our first guy blocked it.

2) The lane violation - I thought it was a correct call. It looked like the UNCA guy's foot hit the floor before it left the FT shooter's hand.

3) The inbound off Triche - yes a s#itty call, but only because he didn't call the foul on UNCA. No material difference.

The lane violation was on #4, at the bottom of the key, not the guy from the top of the key. Announcers were out to lunch.

Triche was bodychecked on the screwed up out of bounds call. Should have been a foul. They got it wrong, but it's not like Asheville got screwed or something. We should have been at the line.

Hmmm, I could justify most of them, but I won't. It felt dirty.

I'll try to justify some of them though! Highlights, and lowlights!

• We were screwed to end the first half. Triche was CLEARLY fouled with 1 second on the shot clock. Soooo, unless it turns into Thunderdome when the shot clock hits 1 second, we should have had free throws.
  • They had a backcourt violation that was ignored in the first half and they scored - dude's foot was definitely on the line when he jumped to save it. That's backcourt.
  • The first three calls against us in the first half were bogus touch fouls (no damage done though - so who cares)
  • Rak definitely goaltended on that one.
  • The dude on the block I think committed a lane violation even if the other guy didn't (they never call that though - not sure why they blew the whistle)
  • Triche was fouled, but fouled after it was going out of bounds anyway. Not sure if that matters.
  • One of those fouls on Dion bogus at the end.
  • That tie up at the end was pretty iffy.
This won't play well - kind of felt like we were handed something even though they never got within 4. They could have though...and after that who knows if they use the same fouling strategy.
LGO!!!! it, it's time to beat K State.

1) Goal tending was bogus...it was indeed touched before the goal tend
2) lane violation was indeed from the top guy...ball has to hit the rim before he can go past the foul line..just like Scoop

Honestly, after the Providence games, this year almost all the calls went our way.

after all the shitty calls against SU in past tourney's, this is uncharted territory for me. Good to get a little karma for the late TO granted vs. Indiana, Autry's shot not counting vs. Mizzou, Trob's Technichal vs. Vermont, the Matt Howard Suplex and the out of bounds not called vs. Butler, the over and back bad call vs. Marquette.

I honestly think UNCA had an advantage from the refs if we're talking about just the brutal missed calls that there were.

It all balances out in the long run (before we're all dead).

Refs were horrible - they called every little touch foul and then they dont call the foul on Triche? Triche was fouled prior to the shot clock and should have been shooting two FT's - can someone tell me what calls went our way? the lane violation? - oh yeah the rule was set up so u cant do exactly what they did - have ur outside guard go run around everyone and get the board

Syracuse got the bad end of most calls in this game.

Triche was clearly fouled, & the ball was not technically out of bounds yet, because it hadn't touched anything out of bounds.

The right call would have been a floor foul against UNCAsh, so really, Syracuse did get away with anything there.

Howbout Fair having 2 fouls 4 minutes into the game.
And our other small forward KJO having 2 fouls before the 11 minute mark of the first half.

We shot 38 percent in the first half 12-32 I think is what it came down to.
We finished the game at 44 percent so we played much better in the second :D.

Oh and they never got within 3 down the stretch its not like it was ever a 1 point game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom