Regarding the new CFP | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Regarding the new CFP

5 conference champs, 1 G5 spot locked, 2 at large. Cap 2 teams per conference.

Conference championships still mean something to most schools as far as I know. I'd love an ACC title.

Have no issue with either the higher seed hosting or neutral site. Benefit of being a 1 seed would be playing the 8 seed Vs dropping to 5 and playing the 4. Bit like NCAA tourney seeding. Of course the preseason rankings issue still persists in this scenario

With Texas and Oklahoma gone that will be the P4 champs and 2 G6 champs. That second G6 champ is more often than not outside the Top 15. How are they worthy?

With Texas and Oklahoma gone that will be the P4 champs and 2 G6 champs. That second G6 champ is more often than not outside the Top 15. How are they worthy?

You're asking me to defend a scenario I didn't create?

Probably better to go 3 at large in your scenario unless G5 has 2 teams in the top 15? Doesn't really matter, SEC won't agree anything that caps them to only 2 spots in an 8 team scenario regardless.

It's different realities and priorities honestly. As someone who's not overly wealthy personally it's easy to think what I'd do if so HOWEVER I also kind of understand those who are solely focused on share holders and profit margins. Interesting dynamic for sure and not sure the solution unless societal improvements equally become monetized. Otherwise, to a major corp/investor/donor, what is the point?
I don’t buy it - rich folks with power don’t have to throw out every option that doesn’t maximize profit margins. But the truth most of the time is they choose between short term dollars at the expense of the health of the ecosystem that made the wealth possible and long term health. It’s a beast that keeps wanting to feed on more and more and those with the chain say the only thing they can do is to feed it.

Anyways, I didn’t say no profit. I said consider the health of the sport alongside profit. If you’re unable to distinguish that, you don’t deserve the power.