Regarding the Penn State Scenario | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Regarding the Penn State Scenario

I said national media not national trash. :)

Just because Paterno went to the AD after 5 years of doing this stuff while on Paterno's staff, does not convince me that Paterno knew nada for those 5 years and had no suspicions. Even after Paterno told the AD he still allowed Sandusky around the football facilities. He just couldn't bring little boys around anymore. Sick. What is even more sickening, even to many PSU fans, is that the PSU president and BOT is standing behind everyone because they are all "men of integrity". At least to me, it is obvious Paterno has bought favor with someone in the legal process and turned states witness to save his own ass.

You have to ask how Paterno would have handled this differently if it was his grandson in the shower with Sandusky.

This whole situation is disgusting. Does anyone else find it ironic that this wasn't released until after Paterno set the record for all-time wins? That right there also seems fishy to me.

If you have any ties to Penn State, either as an alum., former athlete, employeee, etc. you absolutely must be requesting the immediate suspension (and ultimate discharge) of the University President, Athletic Director, the other admin. currently charged with perjury, Joe Paterno and anybody else that may have had any involvement or knowledge of the scenario leading to today's legal action.

This is not a request to find someone of some entity guilty prior to a jury of their peers or the conclusion of fact finding. Rather, it is a demand for this activity to take place even considering the evidence in the most positive light possible for the parties involved.

At BEST allegations were brought to the attention of the aforementioned higher-ups on multiple occasions. Yet absolutely NOTHING was done in pro-active fashion to properly address extremely serious charges or at least put the situation in an area where proper fact-finding could take place via Pennsylvania State Police, campus police, etc.

I turned 40 last week and this is likely going to be the most deplorable series of events that I have seen in athletics and hopefully will ever see. The only thing I can recall so shocking as it involved people supposedly in a position of authority was the Baylor basketball scenario that got Dave Bliss fired.

This is a tip of the iceberg scenario. I believe when it is done the people I referenced earlier as well as a number of others will be relieved of their positions and the two charged will be spending time in a correctional facility. Unreal and I hope those who have ties to that school and pay taxes in that state respond accordingly.

SUOrange44

Good post. You want to know what makes this whole situation even worse? Is that people at Penn State knew what was going on...and not only did they not report what they knew had occurred...they then sat by and did nothing as the Pedifile set up a foundation that would put him in contact with more children? Are you f*cking serious. At the very least, you have to stop the guy from establishing this "Second Mile" foundation. which served as a fast food lane for a pediphile. Disgusting.

I would NOT be surprised to see a sh!tload of vicitms come forward at this point. You don't suddenly become a pediphile...the bastard was probably doing this for 30 some odd years. He probably has raped more boys than JoePa has wins.

I suspect that Penn State's reputation as a squeaky clean program is about to take a hell of a beating. Didn't Coach Mac say once Paterno was the most Machiavellian person he ever met? These initial reports would seem to validate that assessment.

But they don't cheat and graduate their players!

Jake, I lived off an on in SC while my wife was finishing grad school; that community idolized Sandusky and his foundation. Yuck. SO many complicit parties in this one- the Exec Director of Second Mile should be facing charges as well, and losing his license as a clinical psychologist; the way I read the grand jury report on the AG website, he knew.

Even McQueary needs to lose his job over this- he did nothing. So many people did so little when directly confronted with the abuse of a child that I don't know if I will be able to sleep tonight. No matter how "powerful" or respected, if I ever caught someone raping a child, I'd like to think I'd do SOMETHING to protect that child right then and there. And not let it sit unresolved for years.

Those poor kids.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom