Regarding the Penn State Scenario | Syracusefan.com

Regarding the Penn State Scenario

SUOrange44

Scout Team
If you have any ties to Penn State, either as an alum., former athlete, employeee, etc. you absolutely must be requesting the immediate suspension (and ultimate discharge) of the University President, Athletic Director, the other admin. currently charged with perjury, Joe Paterno and anybody else that may have had any involvement or knowledge of the scenario leading to today's legal action.

This is not a request to find someone of some entity guilty prior to a jury of their peers or the conclusion of fact finding. Rather, it is a demand for this activity to take place even considering the evidence in the most positive light possible for the parties involved.

At BEST allegations were brought to the attention of the aforementioned higher-ups on multiple occasions. Yet absolutely NOTHING was done in pro-active fashion to properly address extremely serious charges or at least put the situation in an area where proper fact-finding could take place via Pennsylvania State Police, campus police, etc.

I turned 40 last week and this is likely going to be the most deplorable series of events that I have seen in athletics and hopefully will ever see. The only thing I can recall so shocking as it involved people supposedly in a position of authority was the Baylor basketball scenario that got Dave Bliss fired.

This is a tip of the iceberg scenario. I believe when it is done the people I referenced earlier as well as a number of others will be relieved of their positions and the two charged will be spending time in a correctional facility. Unreal and I hope those who have ties to that school and pay taxes in that state respond accordingly.

SUOrange44

If you have any ties to Penn State, either as an alum., former athlete, employeee, etc. you absolutely must be requesting the immediate suspension (and ultimate discharge) of the University President, Athletic Director, the other admin. currently charged with perjury, Joe Paterno and anybody else that may have had any involvement or knowledge of the scenario leading to today's legal action

While I don't believe the following scenario will happen, what you have above here is why some in the Big10 believe PSU should be booted from the B10.

JoePa needs to get the boot Sunday or Monday. If he wants to resign so it doesn't come off as he was fired at 85 or 86 whatever, fine. But he can't coach another game for them. I mean all jokes aside about him never retiring and not being able to fire him. This is serious stuff and no laughing matter. JoePa has to go., and NOW!

Read that article and it is obvious Paterno had to know about this stuff. What a scum. He turns states witness to save his own ass. Like Stern said, he needs to be fired Monday. I hope the national media goes after this story, including Paterno's role, real hard.

I read the actual attorney general report, and Paterno knew.Without getting too graphic on this site the one incident where Sandusky was having sex in the shower in the Penn St Locker-room with one young kid and was caught by a college student working for the football team, in 1996 I believe. The next day the guy (college student) who caught them went to Paterno and brought hs father with him cause he was nervous. Paterno did report this news it to the AD but the AD did nothing but take away Sandusky's keys to the locker-room. And JoePa let him coach another 3 years on his staff and did nothing. Right there reason alone to fire Paterno ASAP!!!

Paterno knew about it. He also knew that it was happening on PSU's facility after the criminal had retired. Read Wetzel's article. Infuriating. They all covered it up and thereby allowed it to go on.

Paterno knew about it. He also knew that it was happening on PSU's facility after the criminal had retired. Read Wetzel's article. Infuriating. They all covered it up and thereby allowed it to go on.

Paterno should be the Pope. They even look alike.

pope_benedict_xvi.jpg

20070620mfpaterno_1_450.jpg

How, if you have any credible knowledge that a sexual assault against a child may have occurred, do you not call the police?

I'm thankful this didn't happen at Syracuse. There's no way I could ever support a program where these events unfolded.

I suspect that Penn State's reputation as a squeaky clean program is about to take a hell of a beating. Didn't Coach Mac say once Paterno was the most Machiavellian person he ever met? These initial reports would seem to validate that assessment.

I read the actual attorney general report, and Paterno knew.Without getting too graphic on this site the one incident where Sandusky was having sex in the shower in the Penn St Locker-room with one young kid and was caught by a college student working for the football team, in 1996 I believe. The next day the guy (college student) who caught them went to Paterno and brought hs father with him cause he was nervous. Paterno did report this news it to the AD but the AD did nothing but take away Sandusky's keys to the locker-room. And JoePa let him coach another 3 years on his staff and did nothing. Right there reason alone to fire Paterno ASAP!!!

I believe the incident in the shower happened in 2002, which was 3 years after Sandusky "resigned". At the time he still had access to the facilities. After that report hit the AD's office, Sandusky was banned from the campus facilities. However, it is very clear that PSU people knew about the allegations as early as 1998, which is why he was pushed out gracefully in 1999. That fact alone should be enough to damn those who knew. It is absolutely reprehensible that PSU left this guy with his campus access and privileges after they knew about the 1998 investigation. It's even more so that they didn't say a word to authorities after the shower incidents, when they had credible witnesses to place him and the victims in the facilities.

PSU Football will never be the same after this. Sandusky will be sent to prison for a very long time, and the AD and Finance guy (who apparently was in charge of the Campus Police in 2002 and failed to investigate or report the issues) will probably both see jail time too.

At the very least, Paterno should be shown the door.

The whole situation is disgusting and shows a total lack of morality, responsibility and integrity on the part of the PSU staff that knew the truth.

I believe the incident in the shower happened in 2002, which was 3 years after Sandusky "resigned". At the time he still had access to the facilities. After that report hit the AD's office, Sandusky was banned from the campus facilities. However, it is very clear that PSU people knew about the allegations as early as 1998, which is why he was pushed out gracefully in 1999. That fact alone should be enough to damn those who knew. It is absolutely reprehensible that PSU left this guy with his campus access and privileges after they knew about the 1998 investigation. It's even more so that they didn't say a word to authorities after the shower incidents, when they had credible witnesses to place him and the victims in the facilities.

PSU Football will never be the same after this. Sandusky will be sent to prison for a very long time, and the AD and Finance guy (who apparently was in charge of the Campus Police in 2002 and failed to investigate or report the issues) will probably both see jail time too.

At the very least, Paterno should be shown the door.

The whole situation is disgusting and shows a total lack of morality, responsibility and integrity on the part of the PSU staff that knew the truth.

This stuff went on far too long and at the facilities for Paterno not to know anything until the father and son came to him. Turning a blind eye to something is culpability. It is law that any suspicion of child abuse has to be reported to the law. Paterno should also be arrested and charged. The fact that he is testifying for the prosecution tells me he struck a deal and will escape most of this just because of who he is. Are the feds involved? If not they should be because it is obvious the state of Pennsylvania is giving Paterno preferential treatment.

This stuff went on far too long and at the facilities for Paterno not to know anything until the father and son came to him. Turning a blind eye to something is culpability. It is law that any suspicion of child abuse has to be reported to the law. Paterno should also be arrested and charged. The fact that he is testifying for the prosecution tells me he struck a deal and will escape most of this just because of who he is. Are the feds involved? If not they should be because it is obvious the state of Pennsylvania is giving Paterno preferential treatment.

I agree with you, Bees. Paterno is just as culpable as the rest. There is no doubt that he not only struck a deal, but he also washed his hands of it the day he walked out of the AD's office after reporting the shower incident. You would think that he would have followed up and asked questions about the "investigation".

Keep in mind that we only have heard what that the prosecutors think they can prove right now. A whole lot more will come out before this is said and done.

If PSU people were actively involved in a cover-up, I think it's the most deplorable thing I've ever heard involving a college football program.

What Miami, USC and other schools are doing is understandable in a strange way. In simplest form, they are trying to buy success on the football field. I get that.

This would be something much, much, much worse.

So Paterno's only responsibility when learning of sexual assault is to notify someone at the university? I think a reasonable adult might want to contact the police when young boys are being raped.

I worked for an Altoona, PA TV station in 1998-99. When Sandusky left Penn State, everyone said it was because he was tired of waiting for Paterno to retire. He was universally praised for Second Mile. You couldn't find anyone who would say a bad word about him. There weren't even *whispers* that this was going on.

I worked for an Altoona, PA TV station in 1998-99. When Sandusky left Penn State, everyone said it was because he was tired of waiting for Paterno to retire. He was universally praised for Second Mile. You couldn't find anyone who would say a bad word about him. There weren't even *whispers* that this was going on.

Yes, but his decision to retire was met with a lot of bewilderment.

It seems very clear now - and was two year ago when the allegations came to light - that he was forced out.

I suspect that Joe Pa knows when a mouse farts at Penn State.

This one is simple.

1. Fire everyone indicted. Everyone. Absolutely everyone, maybe even JoePa, though he is being used as a prosecution witness, which is interesting.

At the same time, I completely agree with bees. Forget "how do you report this to the AD, see no action taken, and not fire him"...how do you not go to the cops?!?!? I know it's his best friend, but my word, if you have any human decency, as the father of children, I really wonder what the hell is wrong with him.

2. You can't make fun of PSU for this. This is so far beyond the pale.

If you have any ties to Penn State, either as an alum., former athlete, employeee, etc. you absolutely must be requesting the immediate suspension (and ultimate discharge) of the University President, Athletic Director, the other admin. currently charged with perjury, Joe Paterno and anybody else that may have had any involvement or knowledge of the scenario leading to today's legal action.

This is not a request to find someone of some entity guilty prior to a jury of their peers or the conclusion of fact finding. Rather, it is a demand for this activity to take place even considering the evidence in the most positive light possible for the parties involved.

At BEST allegations were brought to the attention of the aforementioned higher-ups on multiple occasions. Yet absolutely NOTHING was done in pro-active fashion to properly address extremely serious charges or at least put the situation in an area where proper fact-finding could take place via Pennsylvania State Police, campus police, etc.

I turned 40 last week and this is likely going to be the most deplorable series of events that I have seen in athletics and hopefully will ever see. The only thing I can recall so shocking as it involved people supposedly in a position of authority was the Baylor basketball scenario that got Dave Bliss fired.

This is a tip of the iceberg scenario. I believe when it is done the people I referenced earlier as well as a number of others will be relieved of their positions and the two charged will be spending time in a correctional facility. Unreal and I hope those who have ties to that school and pay taxes in that state respond accordingly.

SUOrange44

Spot on. This is absolutely shameful and disgusting.

and of course you have penn st. fans calling paterno a hero for reporting it

Yeah, this is sort of bothersome, even the prosecutor is applauding him for his efforts. He was one small step away from doing nothing, he was a lot closer to that end of the spectrum than he was actually stopping children from being raped. Plus, like you said, it's almost impossible to fathom (considering there was an investigation in 1998 as well) that Paterno wasn't already aware this guy had a history of molesting kids.

Yeah, this is sort of bothersome, even the prosecutor is applauding him for his efforts. He was one small step away from doing nothing, he was a lot closer to that end of the spectrum than he was actually stopping children from being raped. Plus, like you said, it's almost impossible to fathom (considering there was an investigation in 1998 as well) that Paterno wasn't already aware this guy had a history of molesting kids.

At the very LEAST, even if Paterno didn't know EXACTLY what was going on, he had to think something fishy was going on. Coaches practically live together 24/7. If this was happening so much at their facilities and he was bringing kids around all the time, there is just no way Paterno was blind to everything long before he went to the AD. PSU fans make me puke saying he is a hero. What Paterno did was turn a blind eye towards this fishiness until someone else confronted him about it and then he had no choice but to go to the AD (who he probably knew would cover it up and/or had been covering it up).

Just the fact that he reported it to the AD tells us that he knew there was something bad going on. If he wasn't sure or had no idea there would be nothing to report to the AD.

I haven't looked yet - has anyone peeked on the PSU boards to see what there fans are saying?

Just the fact that he reported it to the AD tells us that he knew there was something bad going on. If he wasn't sure or had no idea there would be nothing to report to the AD.

I haven't looked yet - has anyone peeked on the PSU boards to see what there fans are saying?

I was poking around yesterday, it seems like 85% think Joe Pa acted like a hero, or at least did the right thing, 10% of the posts think it's iffy, and 5% think he knew. Those 5% of posts seemed like 1 dude they make fun of a lot for just hating JoePa in general though.

and of course you have penn st. fans calling paterno a hero for reporting it

Penn State fans that are saying that are just in the first stage of grief (I think/hope...); it's gotta be tough to know, deep down, that a man you looked up to a paragon of virtue is in truth nothing but a criminal that's going to sing like a canary to save his own hide.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom