Regardless of the Wagner Situation, I LOVE the way this | Syracusefan.com

Regardless of the Wagner Situation, I LOVE the way this

GoSU96

Living Legend
schedule is laid out.

Key to the season is win one of Northwestern, NCST, or GT. They do that, they should be able to get to six wins if they take care of business at home with Tulane, Wake, Pitt and BC and Maryland on the road.

The lead into Clemson is perfect, Wagner, Tulane, Bye week. Couldn't set up any better for that one.

thats what i thought when i saw it as well. the oly qualm i have is id like to have the georgia tech/nc state games reversed.

september : needs 2-2 at worst
october: needs 1-2 at worst
november: 3-2 at worst

this is assuming the wagner game counts towards bowl eligibility as that tweet in other thread is true

I like the lead into Clemson but not the rest of the schedule. On paper, I see us at 3-7, 4-6 headed into Pitt. Winning at Ga Tech or NC State is going to be a bitch.

The first thing I noticed also was the lead in to Clemson. We have 2 lay-ups, which will create some buzz (2 wins), and then a bye week for the marketing dept to do their jobs. If we win one of the first 2, we're setting up for a 3-1 Cuse team going into that Clemson game. That would be an absolutely GIGANTIC game, especially if it were ever to be a 3:30 or night game.

schedule is laid out.

Key to the season is win one of Northwestern, NCST, or GT. They do that, they should be able to get to six wins if they take care of business at home with Tulane, Wake, Pitt and BC and Maryland on the road.

The lead into Clemson is perfect, Wagner, Tulane, Bye week. Couldn't set up any better for that one.

You can include PedSt in your first group. We can win that.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Winning at Ga Tech or NC State is going to be a bitch.

The same Georgia Tech that lost at home to Middle Tennessee State (49-28) and BYU (41-17)?

schedule is laid out.

I like the relatively late in the season game against FSU, which makes for a roadie that can attend to my golf and football needs.

I bet we play Pitt and BC as the last two games of the season for a while. Maybe a long while. As mentioned before, many ACC schools traditionally play long time rivals in those slots, and we obviously do not fit in with those traditions.

Putting the acerbic comments aside, and assuming Wagner does count for bowl eligibility, I am happy that game will be played on 9/14. Three tough games in a row to start the season is not a good way to open with a team with a mostly new coaching staff and serious graduation losses.

We might be favored in 4 of the last 5 games. If we can get 4 wins in the first 7, it could be a good year. Like Go says, it will really help if we can get a win over NW, NC State, GT or (my add) Penn State.

Clemson and FSU are going to be tough. We should have a decent chance in all the rest.

Undefeated is not out of the question. Clemson away from home, new environment, only dome on the schedule, ACC opener for our fans, and of course the very loud 'click' as the doors lock behind them.

Sign me up.

Agree, should be an interesting game. If Shafer can pull that off in his first game, look out.

Assuming we get out of the gate well with our new jockey, October is where the race can become good or mediocre. We should be able to finish strong.

Agree. Best chance is Penn State. Little chance at Northwestern.

Only thing in our favor is that Nortwestern students won't be on campus yet. Last time I went to Northwestern in early September the stadium was half empty. Might be different now that NW is better.

Agreed. I think Ped States defense is going to be a liability next year. Both teams are breaking in new QB's. Why not think positive about this game! LGO!!

Undefeated is not out of the question. Clemson away from home, new environment, only dome on the schedule, ACC opener for our fans, and of course the very loud 'click' as the doors lock behind them.

Sign me up.

So is 3 wins. This team is not going undefeated against that schedule.

Clemson and FSU are going to be tough. We should have a decent chance in all the rest.

Agreed. We will more than likely lose those two. More than likely we beat Tulane, Wagner. 2-2. Everything else is a real toss up. The QB play IMO will determine the other 8 games.

Only thing in our favor is that Nortwestern students won't be on campus yet. Last time I went to Northwestern in early September the stadium was half empty. Might be different now that NW is better.
Oh, that opponents would fear our student section as well. All that key rattling...

Honestly if we some how are able to beat Penn State and pull a legit upset at Northwestern ESPN College Gameday could be at the Dome for the game against Clemson unless there is some huge SEC game I don't want to see if scheduled for that day. Imagine the buzz on the Hill if we were able to sweep the B1G schools and beat Wagner and Tulane.

Honestly if we some how are able to beat Penn State and pull a legit upset at Northwestern ESPN College Gameday could be at the Dome for the game against Clemson unless there is some huge SEC game I don't want to see if scheduled for that day. Imagine the buzz on the Hill if we were able to sweep the B1G schools and beat Wagner and Tulane.

And to think that most would be happy to be 2-2.

I actually like our chances versus NW better, going to be hard to bank a win against team who will be playing there bowl game and breaking in either a True Frosh QB, A guy who has played zero Div 1 a snaps in Hunt, or the 5th year senior who has thrown under 10 passes in his career. Plus your breaking in pretty much an entirely new WR corp and god only knows who might go down in preseason practice based on our luck there.

I actually like our chances versus NW better, going to be hard to bank a win against team who will be playing there bowl game and breaking in either a True Frosh QB, A guy who has played zero Div 1 a snaps in Hunt, or the 5th year senior who has thrown under 10 passes in his career. Plus your breaking in pretty much an entirely new WR corp and god only knows who might go down in preseason practice based on our luck there.
Bite your tongue. This is a new era for Syracuse football! Well it sounds good... ;)

For sure. Zero shot. Like Mizzou last year...

Do you honestly think this team is goign to beat PSU, Clemson, Florida State and NW, three of which are on the road/neutral?

Way too early prediction (assuming we keep a fast paced offense)

PSU (Aug 31) W
at Northwestern (Sept. 7) L
Wagner (Sept. 14) W
Tulane (Sept. 21). W
BYE
Clemson (Oct. 5), L
at North Carolina State (Oct. 12) L
at Georgia Tech (Oct. 19) L
BYE
Wake Forest (Nov. 2), W
at Maryland (Nov. 9) W
at Florida State (Nov 16) L
Pittsburgh (Nov. 23) W
Boston College (Nov. 30). W

Start strong, suck in the middle, end strong.

Way too early prediction (assuming we keep a fast paced offense)

PSU (Aug 31) W
at Northwestern (Sept. 7) L
Wagner (Sept. 14) W
Tulane (Sept. 21). W
BYE
Clemson (Oct. 5), L
at North Carolina State (Oct. 12) L
at Georgia Tech (Oct. 19) L
BYE
Wake Forest (Nov. 2), W
at Maryland (Nov. 9) W
at Florida State (Nov 16) L
Pittsburgh (Nov. 23) W
Boston College (Nov. 30). W

Start strong, suck in the middle, end strong.

Looks about right to me.

Yep, the bye weeks are well placed, get some November home games against what should be 3 of the more winnable games on that side of the ACC. Winning 1 of the first 2, and stealing a win in October would be great. Obviously there's a flip side to that, but million times more interesting schedule. Without being a death sentence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom