Regardless of the Wagner Situation, I LOVE the way this | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Regardless of the Wagner Situation, I LOVE the way this

Do you honestly think this team is goign to beat PSU, Clemson, Florida State and NW, three of which are on the road/neutral?

I was saying the first four were winnable. Then the dome will be rocking against Clemson... Then who knows? I do think at FSU is a loss.

I also called the end of last season 100% the day of the Cinci loss.

I like this schedule, assuming Wagner counts towards bowl eligibility. I prefer no FCS games, but I'm in the minority on that issue, so be it, I'm not going to stop being an Orange fan.

I still don't know if we will know for sure if Wagner will count unless it comes down to us having 6 wins, which is something I hope we don't have to worry about. We have to at worst split the first 2 games. Then try to get a road ACC win. NCST will be very beatable. FSU and GT will be very tough. Still we should be a bowl team next year based on our defense alone, and wouldn't be shocked with an 8-4/9-3 showing.

PSU (Aug 31) W
at Northwestern (Sept. 7) W
Wagner (Sept. 14) W
Tulane (Sept. 21). W
BYE
Clemson (Oct. 5), L
at North Carolina State (Oct. 12) W
at Georgia Tech (Oct. 19) W
BYE
Wake Forest (Nov. 2), W
at Maryland (Nov. 9) W
at Florida State (Nov 16) L
Pittsburgh (Nov. 23) L
Boston College (Nov. 30). W

PSU (Aug 31) W
at Northwestern (Sept. 7) W
Wagner (Sept. 14) W
Tulane (Sept. 21). W
BYE
Clemson (Oct. 5), L
at North Carolina State (Oct. 12) W
at Georgia Tech (Oct. 19) W
BYE
Wake Forest (Nov. 2), W
at Maryland (Nov. 9) W
at Florida State (Nov 16) L
Pittsburgh (Nov. 23) L
Boston College (Nov. 30). W

Just to prep everyone, if this holds true, I'm going to go f**king rampage berserk when we lose to Pitt. Even Tristan will be impressed at how quickly I'm banned.

I think any team on the schedule is beatable. Clemson returns their QB, Tahj Boyd and a key receiver. They are probably the team in to beat in the division as FSU has a new QB issue and several other key spots to fill. Speed will be an issue with both. However, Syracuse hits harder defensively and, assuming HCSS keeps the aggressiveness on D, most teams will not be ready for the Orange. Obviously we have a multitude of questions of Offense, but I think we will find that we are better off than we expect. I'm not predicting wins over Clemson and FSU, but I think they are beatable. Every other team in the division is very beatable.

I also think we will beat Northwestern and can beat PSU.

At this point, I think we win 7 or 8 games. Obviously, just like OU to the B1G, its definite, unless things change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom