Regardless of what happens the staff can't be faulted for effort. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Regardless of what happens the staff can't be faulted for effort.

All that is so over the top.

Shafer has done a excellent job, but it's not a miracle of any kind. Multiple schools go through transitions every year. Shafer had a solid foundation and added to it by having his hires keep working prospects they had relationships with at their old jobs, it's SOP.
Somebody misses Marrone.

I'm ticked at Marrone, but I give him credit for getting the program back on its feet.

Shafer...I'll wait to see what he and his staff do when it comes to winning and losing. Not willing to bandwagon yet.

All that is so over the top.

Shafer has done a excellent job, but it's not a miracle of any kind. Multiple schools go through transitions every year. Shafer had a solid foundation and added to it by having his hires keep working prospects they had relationships with at their old jobs, it's SOP.

We will have to agree to disagree. Shafer had less than 30 days to do it all - that is not SOP. Tell me one other school this year that went through losing seven staff member and the head coach less than 30 days before NSD. Everyone knows that this class was already lackluster before Doug left - without any backing and filling.

Somebody misses Marrone.

What does any of that have to do with Marrone?

Let it go.

I've been a Shafer fan since he showed up. Doesn't mean there is a need to make what he has faced to date some Herculian task.

We will have to agree to disagree. Shafer had less than 30 days to do it all - that is not SOP. Tell me one other school this year that went through losing seven staff member and the head coach less than 30 days before NSD. Everyone knows that this class was already lackluster before Doug left - without any backing and filling.

1. He had his guys in mind already, he had his plan just like Marrone did when he came in.

2. The class was well subscribed already, it wasn't like he had to go and fill half the class.

He's handled the transition very well, but there isn't need to go crazy about it.

I'm ticked at Marrone, but I give him credit for getting the program back on its feet.

Shafer...I'll wait to see what he and his staff do when it comes to winning and losing. Not willing to bandwagon yet.
No need to bandwagon if you're already a fan.

So, what other school faced what he did? Nobody. The class was not well subscribed and everyone knows it. We were scrambling all over the place looking for JUCOs to fill holes and B list guys.

I am not a Marrone basher, quite the contrary, but what Shafer pulled off in the time he was allotted, was extraordinary. If you think it wasn't just give me names of others that have done this in less than 30 days and I will gladly concede your point.

Shafer has pulled off a small miracle. I think he was named head coach on January 11th and was left with 26 days until NSD to hire a staff and salvage the 2013 Class. Not only has he hired a great looking staff but he seems to have orchestrated a good recruiting class, maybe better than it was when the crap hit the fan.

I am truly amazed at the effort that the staff has made in trying to salvage this recruiting class. Imagine disengaging from a job, starting a new job in a new environment, evaluating present talent and needs the best you can and then, while explaining the departure of seven staff members. working your recruits to get the best results possible.

This has been fun to observe from a distance and very encouraging for the future.

TGD deserves credit as well for moving quickly to hire a hard nosed coach.

I've been around the block a few times but I am still scratching my head in amazement.
I can honestly agree and thought we would be begging for recruits to come and salvaging a small class would've been a positive spin to a wild ride after a great win. Yes I will admit it kind of felt that the sky was falling with the whole "the one we won't speak of" departure. But this man has motivated and truly gone out swinging in the recruiting world and IMO doing better than the previous regimes job. I can't wait for spring ball. Looking forward to the near future!

We were scrambling all over the place looking for JUCOs to fill holes and B list guys.

Uhh, we still are to some degree.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom