Reggie Spearman | Syracusefan.com

Reggie Spearman

Well isn't he committed to Illinois? Have fun playing at neither a football or basketball school there Reggie...

Don't think it was a slam. This guy is close to visiting.

Didn't we clobber the Illini during the worst period of our football history? Have they won anything, um, ever?

Didn't we clobber the Illini during the worst period of our football history? Have they won anything, um, ever?
Rashard Mendenhall, Juice Williams and Co. crushed us in the Dome in '07 41-20. That was a rough day.

Rashard Mendenhall, Juice Williams and Co. crushed us in the Dome in '07 41-20. That was a rough day.

But didn't we return the favor? Sorry, to lazy to look it up. Just remember Taj with a long TD.

And so the midwestern offers and visits begin...

We all saw it coming, it's interesting to see competing offers from the likes of Indiana and Illinois instead of Rutgers and Pitt.

Looks like Smith was his recruiter at New Mexico where he was offered. Hopefully they had a good relationship, and thinks he can at least get him on campus now.

I was trying to find something in his tape that made me not like him as a prospect because of his comment... After watching, I'll forgive it and hope we grab. I like it. He's tall and has the frame that can definitely add a lot of weight. He's quick, agile, and does a good job of reading the quarterback.

I was trying to find something in his tape that made me not like him as a prospect because of his comment... After watching, I'll forgive it and hope we grab. I like it. He's tall and has the frame that can definitely add a lot of weight. He's quick, agile, and does a good job of reading the quarterback.
This looks positive...

In 2006 SU beat Illinois 31-21. U of I was 2-10 that year and SU was 4-8.

In 2006 SU beat Illinois 31-21. U of I was 2-10 that year and SU was 4-8.
If we could only have played all of our games in states that begin with the letter I, the GRob era would have been awesome.

If we could only have played all of our games in states that begin with the letter I, the GRob era would have been awesome.

Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, Idaho . . . . isn't that our main recruiting territory now? :)

To be honest it's a pretty funny comment, right? I mean, it's not like our hoops program is just decent -- it's among the top few in the nation and plays in front of 25K every night and all the dudes go on to play professionally somewhere. Hey, they can even steal stuff, get caught and not miss a minute. It's good to be a cuse hoops player. It's sort of a knock on the football program but only relative to the hoops program.

To be honest it's a pretty funny comment, right? I mean, it's not like our hoops program is just decent -- it's among the top few in the nation and plays in front of 25K every night and all the dudes go on to play professionally somewhere. Hey, they can even steal stuff, get caught and not miss a minute. It's good to be a cuse hoops player. It's sort of a knock on the football program but only relative to the hoops program.

Yeah, it actually made me laugh a little... a little... But I'm still a vindictive arsehole, but I liked his tape a lot and am willing to forgive him if he were to for some reason commit. Otherwise, I'll hold it against him, haha.

Another bunch of Cuse/Iowa/Illinois fans tweeting at him... People just don't get it apparently.

Another bunch of Cuse/Iowa/Illinois fans tweeting at him... People just don't get it apparently.

It's not policed. The NCAA knows that they would have to sanction essentially every school. The big BCS schools would be sanctioned like a mo'fo if they actually cared about it. I understand you guys all want to follow the rules and everything, but it's not going to change. Some fan out there will always tweet at the kids. Is it stupid? Yes, will it change? No, unless the NCAA decides to grow a pair and enforce their rules but we all know they don't have any balls and only use selective enforcement.

Going to be impossible to police this. I'm not even sure you can make an "ignorance of the law is no excuse" argument here. A lot of people probably don't know about the proscription, and I think it is reasonable for someone to use that as a defense.

Gotta love the cuse fan misspelling his name as Sperman. Said no one ever.

Excellent. I'd like to see us get him in the fold.
I believe he grew up somewhat close to where McNabb is from in Chicago, also nice to see some acknowledgement from our bowl game victory over WV, Who knows, but I have been impressed by Shafer and the Crew after what I thought was a knee jerk reaction by our AD and SU. I don't mind being wrong. I like that we are attrcting kids like this in so short of a tenure by our coaching staff, we may have a bright future.

Its pretty much a lost cause, people just dont care.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom