Rehire Shafer | Syracusefan.com

Rehire Shafer

Very good DC, buts let's not kid ourselves. He was a very poor HC. Unless we're content with 5-6 wins every year, it was time. If this Program wants to win ACC championships, they need an upgrade. I loved the man, but he was never going to take this program beyond 6-7 wins.

It's funny everyone talks family when it comes to shaf. But if he had three or four 9-10 win seasons he would have been offered a job at a bigger program for more money and he would have taken it. It's the way big time college football works.

It's funny everyone talks family when it comes to shaf. But if he had three or four 9-10 win seasons he would have been offered a job at a bigger program for more money and he would have taken it. It's the way big time college football works.

Its a business, everyone knows that, at the end of the day its about getting results.

I would like Syracuse to get Dino B. amd Scott , being from Ohio , get the BGU job. Then we could see how Scott does with a team with the best talent in a league and how Dino does with least talent in a league.

Agreed and is a pretty decent DC. Hey keep him around as the new DC...I know, I know.

That's what I said about Shafer all the way up until the Dungey fiasco with his 2nd concussion. I'd be fine if they re-hired Shafer as DC because he did do a great job when it was all he had to worry about. And it would also fulfill my guidelines of firing him for the Dungey mess.

It's been a mediocre two way street both deserved much better from each other.

That's what I said about Shafer all the way up until the Dungey fiasco with his 2nd concussion. I'd be fine if they re-hired Shafer as DC because he did do a great job when it was all he had to worry about. And it would also fulfill my guidelines of firing him for the Dungey mess.
The starting QB plays , that is how it is everywhere. So I don't agree with you on that . Eric isn't some china doll you put on a shelf , he is a footballer. Many guys took high cheap shots at him , that was/is the real story.

Remember after his first season, so many said we needed to extend his contract or we would lose him - the good old days.

Some here are soft.

I would guess that many here have also not had to lay off people they liked because it was the best decision for the business. You have to put your personal feelings aside when making these types of decisions.

It's OK to feel bad about Shafer being fired. I know I do.

But it was the right thing to do and it's time to move on.

Well said. Could not agree more... Sad but necessary. The guy wasnt a good HC.
Emotional send off though.

Some here are soft.

I would guess that many here have also not had to lay off people they liked because it was the best decision for the business. You have to put your personal feelings aside when making these types of decisions.
Getting emotional for a Coach I loved having here for 7 years then I guess I'm soft :noidea:
It has ZERO to do what needed to be done

Been a long time since I teared up at a football game. I think the only other time I banged my shin on a concrete step. Hate to see him go.

I don't believe that for one minute. HCSS loved it here, honestly. He's not a bullshitter like Marrone.

Elaine Benes was a cold hearted, calculating business woman trusted to pull the plug on Kramer if he ever went into a coma, AND whose thing was to call recently divorced couples and ask for given wedding gifts back. Take notes you wusses. A guy who went 7-17 the last 2 years with our beloved Orange got canned. Best of luck to him, but this is an opportunity for Orange football to be good again. What are we clinging to? We suck and I'm tired of sucking. Let's go Orange!

OrlandoCuse said:
Some here are soft. I would guess that many here have also not had to lay off people they liked because it was the best decision for the business. You have to put your personal feelings aside when making these types of decisions.

It can be both the right business decision and painful to fire someone you like.

Be human.

It can be both the right business decision and painful to fire someone you like.

Be human.

I wish I could like this a billion times. I will be the first to admit there were times I was frustrated this year, but what's done is done and perhaps we could celebrate a guy who genuinely loved this program and wasn't afraid to express it...(yes, sometimes to a fault). Some people are still focusing on the negative with Shafe, when it's time to say, what's done is done. The criticisms can stop. Let's thank and respect the guy for being so emotionally invested in a program we all are so emotionally invested in.

Elaine Benes was a cold hearted, calculating business woman trusted to pull the plug on Kramer if he ever went into a coma, AND whose thing was to call recently divorced couples and ask for given wedding gifts back. Take notes you wusses. A guy who went 7-17 the last 2 years with our beloved Orange got canned. Best of luck to him, but this is an opportunity for Orange football to be good again. What are we clinging to? We suck and I'm tired of sucking. Let's go Orange!
Is your message that we should all be like Elaine Benes?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom