Remaining Scholarships | Syracusefan.com

Remaining Scholarships

pfister1

2023-24 Iggy Winner ACC & OOC Record
The signing period ends on May 16th. I was initially thinking we would hear pretty quickly, but given our scholarship situation is there a chance that neither Braswell or Osunniyi feels compelled to make a decision on any particular timeline? More like TT and AW where they let it play out until the end? Do they have anything to gain or lose by committing?

Chukwu/Sidibe
Dolezaj/Brissett/Braswell
Howard/Hughes/Washington/Carey
Battle?
Boeheim?
Osunniyi?

In 30 years I've never felt as unsure about who will be wearing Orange in the future. SMH

If...Osun heads to Bonnies
Are we done this year? It seems like there are still players leaving as a grad transfer/reg transfer every day on twitter.

This lineup looks to me like a Top 20-25 team, 4-6 NCAA seed. Very early though I know.
PG Howard HW
2G Carey Boeheim
SF Dolezaj Hughes
PF Brissett Braswell
C Chukwu Sidibe

Are we done this year? It seems like there are still players leaving as a grad transfer/reg transfer every day on twitter.

This lineup looks to me like a Top 20-25 team, 4-6 NCAA seed. Very early though I know.
PG Howard HW
2G Carey Boeheim
SF Dolezaj Hughes
PF Brissett Braswell
C Chukwu Sidibe

Yes, unless something crazy happens we are done after Monday.

PG Howard HW
2G Carey Boeheim
SF Dolezaj Hughes
PF Brissett Braswell
C Chukwu Sidibe

It was very carefully explained to me during the season, (slow so even I could understand it), that Dolezaj is the power forward and Brissett is the small forward, even though Brissett is our best rebounder. I think Marek was the '4' meaning that when they ran a play, he would what the '4' is supposed to do and Brissett would do what the '3' is supposed to do. But they are both kind of 3 1/2s. Derrick Coleman is a power forward. Lawrence Moten is a small forward. Oshae and Marek have more "power" than Lawrence did but less than Derrick.

Or maybe we should just call then guards, forwards and centers.

I actually think we might go after someone else even after Monday. They'll be another round of transfers once the combine stuff is done
So are you saying he’s going to bonaventure?

I actually think we might go after someone else even after Monday. They'll be another round of transfers once the combine stuff is done

Agreed. Doesn't mean that we'll choose to add anyone based upon the available pool, but I'd expect the staff to at least kick the tires [assuming Osun doesn't choose us - if he does, I think we're done].