Remaining Undefeated Teams | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Remaining Undefeated Teams

Last edited:
I've seen us at 9, 11, 13, and 14 so far on available advanced ballots

Yeah - there will be a handful of good, one loss teams still slotted ahead of us, that shouldn’t be.

I don’t mind Bama still being ahead of us, for instance.
Lost on a last-second FG on the road to an undefeated team.
That’s the definition of a “good loss”.

But some of those other teams that were gifted high preseason rankings, and who have now taken an overdue L - GTFOutta here!!

And if ANY 2-loss teams are ahead of us - looking at you, Utah -
then that’s a joke.
(I get that they have some very impressive wins. The also have TWO losses.)

I’d love to see us at #10, just so it’s officially a Top Ten matchup.

We will be behind a handful of one loss teams.

I can see us as high as 12 and as low as 15
Even Alabama struggled against any decent team they played and I’m not sure they should be in front of us. I expect they will.

I’m sorry but the PAC 12 is trash and Big 12 is not any better a school from one of those conferences in front of us with 1 loss would be disgraceful.

NC state with 1 loss might be in front of those programs if they won yesterday think about that v

We could really get screwed out of our chance to make the playoffs with 1 loss if we get stuck behind certain teams or simply are too low and certain 2 loss programs will be ahead of us.

We dominated a ranked team and scheduled as well as anyone we get no breaks in this half of the ACC there is no reason to punish a 6-0 team for starting the year unranked.

We could really get screwed out of our chance to make the playoffs with 1 loss if we get stuck behind certain teams or simply are too low and certain 2 loss programs will be ahead of us.

We dominated a ranked team and scheduled as well as anyone we get no breaks in this half of the ACC there is no reason to punish a 6-0 team for starting the year unranked.
IF (and it’s a big IF) we beat Clemson and Wake Forest and win the ACC with one loss, we will be in the playoffs. That’s a lock

but if we lose to Clemson or Wake and don’t get to play for (and ultimately win) an ACC title, we will not go the playoffs.

the interesting thing would be if we are undefeated and lose the ACC title game, could we still get the four seed? that’s entirely situational

As of the end of Week 7, there are 9 remaining undefeated teams:

ACC (2): Clemson, Syracuse
Big 12 (1): TCU
Big 10 (2): Michigan, Ohio State
Pac 12 (1): UCLA
SEC (3): Georgia, Ole Miss, Tennessee

Why does Pat Forde hate us so much?

“Thus we have arrived at this happy reality: all 131 FBS teams have won a game this season (10). Meanwhile, the undefeated ranks have been whittled down to single digits, with multiple unbeatens in the Big Ten East (Ohio State and Michigan), SEC East (Georgia and Tennessee) and ACC Atlantic (Clemson and, haha, Syracuse).”

“Thus we have arrived at this happy reality: all 131 FBS teams have won a game this season (10). Meanwhile, the undefeated ranks have been whittled down to single digits, with multiple unbeatens in the Big Ten East (Ohio State and Michigan), SEC East (Georgia and Tennessee) and ACC Atlantic (Clemson and, haha, Syracuse).”
Forde is a Louisville shill and the absolute worst. Never had a valuable thing to contribute in the 25 years or so he's been covering sports. He sucks.

Forde is, legitimately, a clown.

And not the creepy kind of clowns that terrify me.

The idiot kind.

Forde is a Louisville shill and the absolute worst. Never had a valuable thing to contribute in the 25 years or so he's been covering sports. He sucks.
I'm equally amazed that some people can continue to make a living the way they do, and that people here still read/pay attention to what those people have to say.

We should be 10-12. But I think we will be 14 because people suck. Maybe 12/13 in coaches.

We're the lowest ranked undefeated team! :mad:

But that's sure better than what we've been the last three years! ;)

Pat Forde has a long history of sneering contempt for the ACC. I'm not sure why. My guess is that it has something to do with old time Louisville b basketball envy of the ACC - Forde worked for the Louisville Courier-Journal for years. But now Louisville is in the ACC.

Maybe the shot at Syracuse is simply that your team this year is what he wanted the Cards to be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom