Remember that part in Austin Powers 2 | Syracusefan.com

Remember that part in Austin Powers 2

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
When the chick gets a knife in her back, then all shot up, then hit with a rocket launcher, and thrown out the window, and Austin Powers is all like "Why won't you die?"

That's how I feel about the Orioles.

When the chick gets a knife in her back, then all shot up, then hit with a rocket launcher, and thrown out the window, and Austin Powers is all like "Why won't you die?"

Those birds aren't Orioles, they're Swallows...Robin Swallows!!

As a lifelong Birds fan, that puts a smile on my face
After 14 yrs of futility it has been a sweet season
Sure would love to see the evil empire as the wildcard

As a lifelong Birds fan, that puts a smile on my face
After 14 yrs of futility it has been a sweet season
Sure would love to see the evil empire as the wildcard
I can respect that. The O's have a fan base that has earned a season like this, and hopefully their future is bright.

As a proud member of the evil empire, I don't mind having good competition.

Tough road to hoe on paper for them. One game winner take all and then face Detroit. But fact is Texas just absolutely choked away the Division as well as the best record in the League much like it looked like the Yankees were in the process of doing. And I'm not convinced Detroit is all that, Miggy and Verlander, notwithstanding.

Tough road to hoe on paper for them. One game winner take all and then face Detroit. But fact is Texas just absolutely choked away the Division as well as the best record in the League much like it looked like the Yankees were in the process of doing. And I'm not convinced Detroit is all that, Miggy and Verlander, notwithstanding.

With the new playoff system they changed the rule about divisional foes in the ALDS. The Yankees are the #1 seed, so they will play the WC winner, be it Texas or Baltimore. Oakland and Detroit is the other ALDS match up.

With the new playoff system they changed the rule about divisional foes in the ALDS. The Yankees are the #1 seed, so they will play the WC winner, be it Texas or Baltimore. Oakland and Detroit is the other ALDS match up.
Yeah, I heard earlier today that the Yankees gave Jeffrey Maier seats in the first row in right field for the ALDS.

Can someone explain to me why the WC game winner gets to host the Yanks for the first two games of the ALDS? So much for home field advantage.

Can someone explain to me why the WC game winner gets to host the Yanks for the first two games of the ALDS? So much for home field advantage.
Because Selig and his geniuses didn't think this new format through very well. Not only does the team with best record have to open on the road, they are the last to know who they are playing. I'd expect tweaks for next season.

It was due to the lateness of adding the extra Wild-Card game. In order to fit it into the existing schedule, a travel day needed to be eliminated. Thus the division series were all switched to a 2-3 format, where the team with home-field would start on the road (same as 1995). It will return to the regular 2-2-1 format next year.

It was due to the lateness of adding the extra Wild-Card game. In order to fit it into the existing schedule, a travel day needed to be eliminated. Thus the division series were all switched to a 2-3 format, where the team with home-field would start on the road (same as 1995). It will return to the regular 2-2-1 format next year.
It's idiotic. This is baseball they travel all the time with no day off. The teams who should have home field advantage don't really have it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom