remember this thread? | Syracusefan.com

remember this thread?

Seriously, Retro, your post remains rather cryptic to me. Was this kid legit and is he a possible transfer, or do the pieces not add up?

Retro, correct me if I'm wrong...

I believe what he's saying is there was much speculation as to the identity of this mystery JUCO transfer in the original thread. At that time, he was only known as "Day-Day" with mysterious ties to UCLA and the west coast. Retro can now confirm this mystery player's identity as Davon Walls.

Dave Rhame wrote a BLURB about him on syracuse.com.

http://syracusefan.com/threads/a-couple-of-nuggets.26327/

Back when I posted this thread, there was the possible addition of DL "with great size" to the current class ( looks Walls is that man, I was not given his name at the time, only that he also played basketball in NYC) AND the possibility of transfer at LB from a major program.

Based on what I was told, my take was that the DL (Walls) was pretty much a given and that Wayne Williams was already in the house (this was in May).

There is still the question of the possible transfer at LB from a "major" program. I will tell you now that the program is UCLA.

So...Retro's wife was either talking about/met Walls or the LB transfer from UCLA.

yesterday when i mentioned could it have davon walls,the answer was yes. trust me,i am just as confused as the rest.

she doesn't like football and that is why her facts were never clear,but things were said and the kid seemed genuine.

but the younger kids kept calling him day,day. he told her he was transferring in from ucla as a linebacker. well spoken kid was what i was told.

dammmmmm.... you knew all along

yesterday when i mentioned could it have davon walls,the answer was yes. trust me,i am just as confused as the rest.

she doesn't like football and that is why her facts were never clear,but things were said and the kid seemed genuine.

but the younger kids kept calling him day,day. he told her he was transferring in from ucla as a linebacker. well spoken kid was what i was told.

dammmmmm.... you knew all along

Gotcha. Thanks. I'll take Walls, but if someone wants to throw in a talented x-fer at linebacker from UCLA, I'll take that deal too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom