Remember when jb got sick and Bernie took over | Syracusefan.com

Remember when jb got sick and Bernie took over

I dont understand why it should make that much of a difference when you are just a stand in? They are running the system already in place . Are these kids that fragile that they shudder and shake when they dont see coach on the sideline? If so, we need some tougher kids.

I dont understand why it should make that much of a difference when you are just a stand in? They are running the system already in place . Are these kids that fragile that they shudder and shake when they dont see coach on the sideline? If so, we need some tougher kids.
I'm confident some adjustments would have been made today to at least make it a bit of a challenge for SJ to score

I think it's primarily psychological. When you had a substitute teacher in high school, were you as focused as you would be with the usual teacher? Probably not.

I also think we would have for sure lost to G'town and would have had a 50/50 shot of losing this one with JB at the helm. This team lives and dies by the 3 and doesn't have an interior defensive presence. We're going to have games against ranked opponents where we hit 14 three pointers and win. We're going to have games against bottom-feeders where we hit 5 threes and lose. The expectations for this team were low going into the season and they should remain low. The team just needs to find a way to claw into the NCAAT and then we have to hope the team gets hot.

If Kemba Walker's UConn team could find a way (potentially the worst basketball team to ever play for a Championship), then we could with Gbinije. This team could beat anybody and lose to anybody. Let's just hope they pull it together enough to put up a decent conference record. And Hop needs to find a way to finish his stretch of games without another stinker.

They don't just roll out the balls and make substitutions when the game starts. There's a lot more to coaching a game than that. We didn't adjust to what St. John's was doing offensively at all, and pressuring them came to late.

That said, coaching someone else's team is difficult. Your role as an assistant is much different than it is as a head coach.

It's very difficult to coach someone elses team. You are not the same authority figure as the head coach. If you scream at someone, they can just tune you out. It's a very difficult situation to be in. You coach the game the way you think the other guy would coach it and not necessarily the way you might do it. You can't just come in a change everything. As a head coach you put everything in on defense and offense and it brings credibility to what you're doing. Holding the fort is not the same thing.

Its huge, not that big of a factor in the pros, but the college game is about the coaches, nothing against Hop, but there is a huge difference when Jb isn't there.

Maybe Hop needs to get tougher

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom