Remember When McNabb and the Orange Blasted Miami? | Syracusefan.com

Remember When McNabb and the Orange Blasted Miami?

Good article. I have been looking for this game online for years but Youtube has nothing and th SUathletics website only has the Miami game the year before. Would love to watch this game again.

Thanks, great piece. That was a fun afternoon and evening. Would be great to watch it again.

I've spent time looking as well. Never found any footage online. Such a great game.

Their 1/4back ended up with a broken bone, arm? I'm not proud of that.

This game cemented McNabb's legacy for me and not for anything that happened on the field.

Those who were there will recall the team leaving the field, then returning wearing Big East Champion T Shirts. McNabb immediately ran over to the stands and hugged his parents. He then climbed into the stands and up to the mezzanine where there were a number of disabled fans and spent time celebrating before returning to the field and his teammates.

Always a class act and always a credit to his patents and the Orange.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

The game was won when he came on the field and the crowd erupted. Loudest Dome moment ever, IMO.

I wasnt at that game, but I remember listening to the after game radio show and how some of the Syracuse fans were calling in the show and at least a couple of the call in guys, you can tell they were fighting back tears, lol. I also remember, before the game, how the Miami players and especially Edgerin James were making fun of the Dome and the Syracuse team. It was in the Rochester D&C how Edgerin James responded after a reporter asked him about how loud the Dome gets, and he said, "all you gotta do is score a touchdown and it gets real quiet." Hahaha. Too bad the Hurricanes could only score a couple of touchdowns that day.

Man, its gonna be fun playing them again, probation, or no probation.