Remember When... Syracuse Blew Out Penn State? | Syracusefan.com

Remember When... Syracuse Blew Out Penn State?

That was a great game in a great season. We can have a team like that again.

Fond memory of mine; thanks for bringing that up!
At the time I was living in Jacksonville, Florida and a buddy and I went to a local sports bar to see the game. The 2 of us enter this pub and the place is loaded with Penn State fans; 50 or so.
Needless to say; we had a great day. Loads of adult beverages; large grins on our pusses and loads of gnashing of teeth, tears and outrage from the State Penn'rs.
Memories;Priceless!!!
Rob Moore coaching.jpg

I would give anything to have innovative offensive play calling like we see in the video. The offense just seems like it was ahead of it's time back then.

Qadry Ismail just tweeted out in response to the article. That game was what clinched him committing to Syracuse.

Watch the video at the end of the story. At the :03 mark, you'll see a guy at the bottom of the screen wearing a white hat with blue brim. That's me!!!!!

It has to be a favorite Syracuse football memory for anyone who was alive at the time. It confirmed that the 87 team was "for real" and that we were in for a special season.

How can any SU fan over 30 not remember it? I still remember the Cotton Bowl but herein lies the problem,enough of warmed up Beans it's time for this program to move forward or go to D1AA.

One of the greatest moments I have been able to witness as a Syracuse fan. 1987 was special. My story starts actually on the Friday before the game, while walking to the pep rally yhat was held on the steps of city hall. We were getting razed by a group of Penn St. fans, until one says to me " What do you think is going to happen tomorrow?" I told him with the deep and fierce conviction that I felt " We're going to kick your Ass !!!" Needless to say, that first play was just huge, and I'm not ashamed to say I sat there with tears of joy streaming down my face, as we crushed our hated rival after 17 years of futile frustration.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom