Remember when you guys wanted more offense... | Syracusefan.com

Remember when you guys wanted more offense...

Cusefan0307

Red recruits the ACC!
Well we are averaging the most points per 100 possessions since they started tracking it. More than 2012, 2003, or 2010.

You know why our games are close?

The defense stinks. Like the worst it's ever been. 111th in Kenpom adjusted defensive efficiency. That's unheard of for us. We've been a top 20 defensive team every year going back to 2009.

Well we are averaging the most points per 100 possessions since they started tracking it. More than 2012, 2003, or 2010.

The defense stinks. Like the worst it's ever been. 111th in Kenpom adjusted defensive efficiency. That's unheard of for us. We've been a top 20 defensive team every year going back to 2009.
We have 4 guys at around 40% from 3. plus we can score inside. If we can only get to average defense over the next month, we can be a real factor.

I love the offense since we took Howard out and played Gillon.
Gillon gives us a scorer at PG and puts 4 scorers on the court.

We just need Thompson to learn D as the slow starts are killing us. Roberson should be starting.

Yup. And I've enjoyed watching these games that we've been winning more than any stretch of regular season games I can remember in quite awhile. Much more enjoyable than watching rock fights.

Hopefully the defense will improve. It's getting late, but the way things have gone I'm done doubting the team or counting anything out.

Yup. And I've enjoyed watching these games that we've been winning more than any stretch of regular season games I can remember in quite awhile. Much more enjoyable than watching rock fights.

Hopefully the defense will improve. It's getting late, but the way things have gone I'm done doubting the team or counting anything out.
All they have to do is get to average on defense.

you can also look at it the other way. the only reason our games are close is because our offense is so good. we are approaching a TEAM three point shooting percentage that is higher than our BEST qualified shooter's percentage most years.

They were bad for sure... it seems to range from awful to mediocre but it's not going to be a team built on winning from D this year. Gillon had at least twice where he was in position but just too short to guard the 3 so he's almost leaving his man permanently open regardless of being in the right spot.

We have to outscore people this year... I thought TT has shown some improvement on D and White is ok but not a good defender... for White and Gillon it's more lack of ability than effort... seems like TT is athletic enough to keep improving.

They were bad for sure... it seems to range from awful to mediocre but it's not going to be a team built on winning from D this year. Gillon had at least twice where he was in position but just too short to guard the 3 so he's almost leaving his man permanently open regardless of being in the right spot.

We have to outscore people this year... I thought TT has shown some improvement on D and White is ok but not a good defender... for White and Gillon it's more lack of ability than effort... seems like TT is athletic enough to keep improving.

Yeah, and Battle for some reason was absolutely dreadful on D. That probably won't happen again to that degree. Man, even sweeter the fact that he drilled that shot.

Yeah, and Battle for some reason was absolutely dreadful on D. That probably won't happen again to that degree. Man, even sweeter the fact that he drilled that shot.

Battle was actually chewed out tonight by JB about his defense; I haven't seen that happen. Tyus was terrible but then totally redeemed himself. Dumb & Dumber style.

Last edited:
Battle was actually chewed out tonight by JB about his defense; I haven't seen that happen. Tyus was terrible but then, totally redeemed himself. Dumb & Dumber style.
he was benched for it much of the 1st half
(which allowed Franky to hit a 3!)

he was benched for it much of the 1st half
(which allowed Franky to hit a 3!)

Yep. And Howard hit that 3, but wow he is still a mess. Committed another awful turnover and the charge (which is another turnover). If only Howard was as good as he thinks he is. He tries to do too much because in his head, he's a superstar. Love the confidence, but you have to know who you are and what you're capable of.

If we played average defense this is a top 10 team. We play passable defense and get some good matchups in the tournament then we could be looking at another great run.

Not much talk this year about guys getting "tired". Let's keep going and pile up the wins.

If we played average defense this is a top 10 team. We play passable defense and get some good matchups in the tournament then we could be looking at another great run.

Not much talk this year about guys getting "tired". Let's keep going and pile up the wins.

Our schedule has been very favorable in a few ways, one way that's been overlooked is our games are usually spaced out well...not too many Saturday to Monday turnarounds and the like.

Is it OK for me to be somewhat happy that we have won 5 in a row without Battle continuing on his path of BEAST mode? He looked on the Richardson late season NBA path for a bit there...

Is it OK for me to be somewhat happy that we have won 5 in a row without Battle continuing on his path of BEAST mode? He looked on the Richardson late season NBA path for a bit there...

Ignoring the tournament last year I'd have Battle > Mali. Got a little ways to go but he's making a name for himself out there.

LMAO. I bought my dad a dynasty tee as a joke. He didn't get it and still wears it once in a blue moon. Good times
You mean like mine?
IMG_1844.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom