Remember when | Syracusefan.com

Remember when

CuseTroop

Vegas Mole Person
we hired Dino. This whole board was on the same page. Give him time to bring his players in, this was not going to be a miracle turn around. Right?

Why in the hell are people losing their minds right now?

Were we supposed to win the ACC this year?

We shoulda beat Lville right? Held their possibly hiesman winning QB to 70 yards?

Come on guys. I know we wanna win. We will win. I know it. You know it. Let's give this guy a chance

I half excuse it as heat of the moment BS. It's when it drags on halfway through the week it gets ridiculous.

we hired Dino. This whole board was on the same page. Give him time to bring his players in, this was not going to be a miracle turn around. Right?

We shoulda beat Lville right? Held their possibly hiesman winning QB to 70 yards?

Come on guys. I know we wanna win. We will win. I know it. You know it. Let's give this guy a chance

I find it funny that people thought the cupboard was bare last year and now they are surprised it still is after a patchwork recruiting class. I agree our game plan today sucked, but people need to get a grip.

CuseTroop said:

I remember 400 yards a game and 45 points per game.

Im still in. I am discouraged by the lack of halftime adjustments...I thought with it drying up we would come out guns blazing in the 2nd half but as Takeo said "it is what it is"

They just got killed by wake. Why are you talking about Louisville and conference titles?

Win the ACC? No.

Beat slapdick programs like USF and WF? Yes.

I swear people don't watch CFB other than the weekly Syracuse game.

Wake Forest is in year 3 of a rebuild and have obviously got better.

USF is in year 4 of a rebuild and have been a lot better.

Believe it or not other programs are trying to get better. If we are in year 3 of a continuity hire like Shaer, or year 4 with Addazzio at BC then i'd be worried. Otherwise people just need to relax and get a clue on what it takes to build a program.

No one is expecting to beat the big boys but when teams like Wake beat you by 19, and a bad Nd team, yes they are a bad team, I don't want to hear they have talent, and lose by 17, its alarming.

Have either of them beaten anyone good this year?
Are we good this year? Has anything you've seen in the last 3 years led you to believe that we can beat even mediocre 5-1 teams?

Are we good this year? Has anything you've seen in the last 3 years led you to believe that we can beat even mediocre 5-1 teams?

Wake is not a good team, regardless of their record.

I guess expecting to beat crappy programs is too much to ask for.

Wake is not a good team, regardless of their record.

I guess expecting to beat crappy programs is too much to ask for.
This year, yeah it is. Also, I don't care about their "program." Hell, WF has been relevant way more recently than we have. I only care that we get better in the next couple of years.

No one is expecting to beat the big boys but when teams like Wake beat you by 19, and a bad Nd team, yes they are a bad team, I don't want to hear they have talent, and lose by 17, its alarming.
Eh, this game was bad, but it looks worse than it was. With a TD with like 6 minutes to go or something we take the lead. Instead the offense bumlugged it, the defense got chewed up, and Wake had a dubious scoop and score.

I'm not worried about the point differential. I am concerned about the playcalling and the lack of fire.

I don't know if my question got answered on the other thread I posted it. But with all the injuries are we starting one of the youngest teams right now?

Eh, this game was bad, but it looks worse than it was. With a TD with like 6 minutes to go or something we take the lead. Instead the offense bumlugged it, the defense got chewed up, and Wake had a dubious scoop and score.

I'm not worried about the point differential. I am concerned about the playcalling and the lack of fire.

Agreed to an extent, but did you really think that the offense was going to score tontale the lead in the 4th? We can't blame the rain, wind, etc. for sloppy false start penalties.

I don't know if my question got answered on the other thread I posted it. But with all the injuries are we starting one of the youngest teams right now?
Well, it's possible. I mean, you can't start younger defensive ends than we do.

Agreed to an extent, but did you really think that the offense was going to score tontale the lead in the 4th? We can't blame the rain, wind, etc. for sloppy false start penalties.
Yes, I thought we could move the ball and get a TD.

I swear it's like people refuse to acknowledge teams as they are now and rather keep in their mind an image of these teams at their worst.

Wake Forest is not complete garbage anymore.

USF has bounced back to be a Top G5 team again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom